Next Update

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
iagokmen

05 Dec 2019 11:52

Ok I know that any of you will repeat the cliche "it will be released when it is ready" and honestly I say that it doesn't help at all. I am talking about the new update of the game and I think this is one of the most important updates of ETS2 and I deeply believe that Promods must be adapted to the new update as quick as possible. But it is just my opinion. Anyway I have questions to ask...

1) Ok we got that it will be released when it is ready but can someone please tell approximately when? 3 days later? 3 months later? 3 years later? This is the important part.
2) In my opinion Promods is not succesfull at modelling cities. Cities have completely nothing to do with reality and doesn't really make you feel like you reached to a city. Some might say that it is because of the scale but I don't aggree because in the new update Istanbul clearly shows that it is possible no matter what the scale is. I have travelled almost all the Europe and I honestly say that cities of Promods must get remake. Here my concern is about Istanbul. Will you remodel Istanbul, because it looks brilliant as it is originally and I am afraid that it might be worse by your update. In this case, the mod loses its meaning for me. I hope it will be untouched or will just get better.
3) If there is something even worse than Promods city modelling, it is YSK Turkey Map. It is a shame and you guys made a really good work with adding middle east but it is always so lame to combine middle east with that horribly made Turkey map. Do you have any plan to make your own Turkey map? If yes I can do everything I should to develop it well.

I hope my criticism isn't taken offensive. I only intend the mod to get even better and develop itself to become a most to have mod for the game. I appraciate your hard work and sorry for my English. Regards...

Vøytek
Developer

05 Dec 2019 12:12

1. We just don't know. We'd like to release it even tomorrow, but what if we suddenly find a serious issue? And it'll take... Nobody knows how long to fix? Maybe an hour, but maybe a week? There are many things that can go wrong, so it's just impossible to estimate anything.
2. No idea which cities give you this feeling. London or Vienna are great examples of big cities that make you believe you're there. The same can be said about smaller towns in Poland or Wales (Aberystwyth, Porthmadog, Ełk, Suwałki - just pick an intersection and compare SV to the game there).
3. It's a shame people use this map, but we can't do anything about their preference. There are no plans for Turkey yet, as the DLC isn't even released.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

iagokmen

05 Dec 2019 12:21

Dziekuje bardzo for your kind answer Vojtek. I mostly play in Polish Zones and I wish I could see beautiful Zamosc more realistic. Of course I am not asking for driving truck in Rynek but Zamosc or Lublin makes me feel like they are just small towns. Poland is a lovely country and I am also from Poland (Warszawa) even tho I am a Turkish person. For example it is nice to reach Warszawa Centralna and near Palac Kultury but even this makes me feel like is wrong because first of all Warsaw is a big city but reaching to center is too easy and trucks are banned in that road.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 05 Dec 2019 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2019 12:28

Many Areas from Poland are still old Poland Rebuilding territories, when PR and ProMods was still cooperating. These Areas are looking very bad indeed, and we're looking Forward rebuilding them, but we've also other Projects todo and not the Manpower to rebuilt alot of bad Areas at ones.

Try driving some newer Poland Areas ( for example Elk, Suwalki, Elblag, Augustow)
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

iagokmen

05 Dec 2019 12:34

At least now I know. :) Thank you and I am looking forward for better developments. No matter what, Promods is and will be always the best mod for ETS2 and I hope this good team will never end. I hope one day I can be the part of it :)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 05 Dec 2019 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Sh3ld0n

05 Dec 2019 15:23

Vøytek wrote:
05 Dec 2019 12:12
1. We just don't know. We'd like to release it even tomorrow, but what if we suddenly find a serious issue? And it'll take... Nobody knows how long to fix? Maybe an hour, but maybe a week? There are many things that can go wrong, so it's just impossible to estimate anything.
2. No idea which cities give you this feeling. London or Vienna are great examples of big cities that make you believe you're there. The same can be said about smaller towns in Poland or Wales (Aberystwyth, Porthmadog, Ełk, Suwałki - just pick an intersection and compare SV to the game there).
3. It's a shame people use this map, but we can't do anything about their preference. There are no plans for Turkey yet, as the DLC isn't even released.
Thank you for this clear answer, I can not wait for it to be back :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information