AI in ProMods Multiplayer?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

29 Sep 2019 11:03

I didn't ever try Multiplayer on ETS2, I only saw some Videos named "idiots on the road" at YouTube and have read that at Multiplayer everyone can take part.

So I think if I drive Multiplayer there will always be any kind of freaks or someone who has only fun with driving driving at wrong lanes and make as much truck crashes as possible... So I don't know if MP is really making fun if you want to drive accurately like in Single player too?!

Or are there meanwhile servers only for drivers who wants to drive normal and you canaybe meet for a competition who finds the shortest way from one point to another destination..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

AConserva

29 Sep 2019 13:52

You can always pick Arcade server, choose the one with less people or simply avoid most congested places, like C-D road.
Ronda są spoko

Rene18M

16 Oct 2019 11:40

MG Mike wrote:
29 Sep 2019 11:03
I didn't ever try Multiplayer on ETS2, I only saw some Videos named "idiots on the road" at YouTube and have read that at Multiplayer everyone can take part.

So I think if I drive Multiplayer there will always be any kind of freaks or someone who has only fun with driving driving at wrong lanes and make as much truck crashes as possible... So I don't know if MP is really making fun if you want to drive accurately like in Single player too?!

Or are there meanwhile servers only for drivers who wants to drive normal and you canaybe meet for a competition who finds the shortest way from one point to another destination..
These "idiots on the road" are mostly between duisburg and calais. In DLC areas you can drive the most time without any other players destroying your driving experience. Also you can search for other players and drive together. That is for the most players the most fun using the multiplayer.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2019 12:02

It would potentially only be nice if AI is also included..the roads are very empty with only a few players in multiplayer, especially in a promods server. If AI and some other mods are allowed, and there is a event, like driving together to some destination, it would be great, but I don’t expect something like that.

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2019 13:54

If you include AI in multiplayer server must be very strong to handle so many vehicles on whole map. But it would be interesting because cars will disappear much rarely.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

16 Oct 2019 16:46

AI cars/trucks, on the size of a ProMods map add on?
I guess server load would be very big and on top of that all internet traffic needed.
A single user might not see "that" many AI cars/trucks at once, if there would be an inside zone that transmits the location of those AI to that specific user.
Nope, I have no clue how to do this.
Unless the server spawns tens of thousands of AI everywhere and randomly drives those?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2019 17:29

That is the only way. User will just see the nearest traffic so won't be affected. I also don't have an idea of how much strong server must be.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Shiva

16 Oct 2019 18:03

Even for Germany, it would be a lot, unless only a few multiplayer drivers in Germany.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MG Mike
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2019 09:55

Hello,

Meanwhile I am also at Truckersmp and have already made some hauls.
I saw there are several servers, two are named Sim and one Arcade... May it be that the "crashkids" are on the arcade server. I had a Good ride from germany to Poland...
@ devil agent yeah the roads are Ver empty if there are not very much drivers.. So AI would be Ver nice, but I have read that there are technically issues. So it would not be possible to synchronize AI traffic and so there would be an AI car at my game while you are with me, but at your game there is no AI car. And if I start some overtaking manouvers you would not know why cause for you there is no AI car..

So this is the difficulty.. And MP is a mod and officially not wanted by SCS so we have to deal with it.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2019 19:19

On the other hand, I think that AI traffic is more or less important in multiplayer, at least in Promods. There are 400000 users, let's say that there are 200000 active. There can't be more than 10000 players at the same time, and those 50000 players are nothing compared to the size of the Promods map.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information