About the weather.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
yatskiy
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2019 09:30

I have a simple question. Great map, I love it so much and I use Promods may be 2-3 years. And I am really glad that You are going to release 2.42.
And What about the weather? In 2.41 even now You use an old version of the weather. For example, the new updated version of the weather has three skyboxes in the good weather and also 3 skyboxes in the bad weather (in both cases every types of the weather were reworked: illumination, skycolor, suncolor, etc; these changes look much better now). Your map in 2.41 has its own weather and this weather repeats the old version of the weather without this changes. For me it was not a real problem because I just deleted from map the climate folder (except Iceland, of course). And I suppose that if You leave the old version of the climate, then I would not be able to to my trick because of supporting TruckersMP. So, are You going to update the climate? It's time, I think.

Wild Bill Kelso
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2019 10:11

I don't think the outstanding terraformers of the ProMods team should fiddle with the weather as they're doing an excellent job providing the world below our truck's tires!

As for congenial weather features, I'd highly recommend Grimes' mods, fully compatible with ProMods (and other map mods as well):
https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
Markus.

yatskiy
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2019 18:14

I know the mods by Grimes but I don't like it. I love the vanilla weather without any mods.

The problem is that Promods map has its own climate which repeats the climate from older versions of Ets2. But now, the newest versions of Ets2 has new updated climate with different and better illumination and better weather (I think I've said about that before in this topic, by the way). So when I use Promods, I can't see this new system of the climate because, I repeat, Promods includes the old climate. I don't know, how else I can explains my thought, may be my English is not so good, but try to understand me right.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 14 Oct 2019 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

ScuL
Founder

13 Oct 2019 06:24

We were unaware that there have been changes in the SCS climate files and have made those changes for the next update(s)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Wild Bill Kelso
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2019 13:30

yatskiy wrote:
12 Oct 2019 18:14
I know the mods by Grimes but I don't like it. I love the vanilla weather without any mods.
Mkay.
It's certainly a matter of personal taste, but I can't understand how not to love Grimes' weather mods:

This is Grimes' Late Autumn/Mild Winter
https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... ather-mod/
I'm currently running on RMP Heilbronn. Dusk and dawn do last forever on a 1:1 map...

Cheers,
Markus.

yatskiy
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2019 06:58

ScuL wrote:
13 Oct 2019 06:24
We were unaware that there have been changes in the SCS climate files and have made those changes for the next update(s)
Thanks, nice to know about that)
Wild Bill Kelso wrote:
13 Oct 2019 13:30
Mkay.
It's certainly a matter of personal taste, but I can't understand how not to love Grimes' weather mods:
So, Grimes mod includes a totally unrealistic weather, a lot of mistakes in colours of a sky or a fog, clouds which don't fit together because they were glued to the sky in Photoshop, and clouds in the Grey sky actually were painted with brushes in Photoshop. Also Grimes mods has unrealistic and very bright nights.
I tried a lot of graphic mods, I used Grimes, I actually made the weather mod myself. But now I've decided that the vanilla weather is best weather for me (except the bright nights which are too in vanilla but I solved this problem while editing climate myself).

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information