Country Names

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Axel Slingerland

05 Jul 2019 20:30

Is there a way to change the country names to English on the job market map?
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

05 Jul 2019 20:50

Yes sorry for my English at the base I live in belgium so .... then for the chaner you go in settings-> playability and you will find in this menu to change the language

Axel Slingerland

05 Jul 2019 22:31

If you're referring to the standard ETS2 language settings, their already set to English (United States). I'm referring to this map not being in English...

As you can see, I'm using Elmer B Fuddled's custom map mod. But just the images, not the rest of his mod. When I am not using ProMods, these country names are in English.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Jul 2019 22:48

Go to "Gameplay Options" and enable "Localised Names". That should fix it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Axel Slingerland

06 Jul 2019 01:12

Well, that's odd... Because I've never had that option checked, and the city names have always been in their original forms for whatever country they happen to be in on the main map and the country names have always been in English on the job market map. But it's all good... I've said many times that for Americans, ETS2 can be rather educational. I got used to seeing the original city names, even if I can't pronounce half of them, so I can get used to seeing the country names too.

Thanks!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Jul 2019 11:39

If you want it to be even more educational, switch on the option below the localises names, which shows both names on the map in case they don't match. This is useful to see which name you have to follow on the signs (and it may help you understand how to read Cyrillic letters)
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Axel Slingerland

06 Jul 2019 18:52

Is that a new thing in 1.35? I don't see an option that would do that in 1.34. Below localize city and country names is displayed currency...

In any case, I suppose my original question should have been, with the localize city and country names option not checked, why does the job market map display English without ProMods and in native languages with it? Is that set in a file somewhere that I can edit, or in one of the encrypted files?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Jul 2019 19:47

Yes, that's a new thing in 1.35. If you use ProMods 2.41, you can use that option as well.

No, that is a thing that has changed in both 1.34 and ProMods 2.40. Since 1.34, there is support for adding custom localisation strings, which we immediately took the opportunnity to implement them.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information