City names

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Randleman

15 Jun 2019 13:39

Hello fellow truckers and Promods team,

I haven't played ETS2 in a loooooooooong time due to a very busy real life schedule.
But two days ago I finally got back into it and after a long time of downloading every update for the mods I use I finally got to play.
I must say, I still love Promods' work, it's absolutely fantastic.

But I've encountered a little problem that I was hoping I could get some advise on.
The last time I played, which is around a year ago, the city names were in their original language/English.
For example, Berlin was well.. Berlin and Ruse in Bulgaria was Pyce.
However now I don't have it. I have Dutch names, so for example Berlin changed into Berlijn. And Köln is now Keulen.
And for example cities in Greece and Cyprus used to be in the Greek alphabet with the English name in brackets next/underneath to it. Now it's like the "Dutchified" version.
Not that big of a deal, but I prefer city names in their original way.

Is this because I downloaded the Promods DEF file when I set it to Dutch?
Can I get the original city names again by re-downloading the DEF file but setting it to English this time?

I have the same problem with Rusmap and Southern Region cities. They used to be in Latin alphabet. Now they're all in Cyrillic.
Thankfully, I can read Cyrillic and it's not that big of an issue, but I was just wondering what I've done wrong compared to how I had it last year.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Vøytek
Developer

15 Jun 2019 15:10

It's a feature added few months ago to the game - you can set it in Gameplay Options.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Randleman

15 Jun 2019 19:19

I hadn't even thought of that.. I feel stupid now.
Thank you!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information