Iberian Peninsula Appreciation Thread

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tantalus

08 Jun 2019 17:18

First, sorry for my "poor" english, i do what i can ^^

Problem is, some people cant separate understanding with wishes. Sure, we all wish that Spain could be completed in one week LOL. But we should understand that it will take more than that, far more than that lol, a thousand times that timeframe to see Spain near completed. People who never ever modded in life, will never know the time and effort that requires to do such amazing job as the promods team are doing. Also, they forget that modders also have real lifes, and nowadays is almost impossible to combine a real-life job with modding. I dont know other people but my job requires 8 hours plus more than 2 hours of every day-trip to my job, which leaves me basically with about 1 hour every day of free will so to speak hahaha, and when the weekend arrives, of course probably i want to just go out of my city and enjoy fishing in the lake, or breath fresh air, ride a bike, be with my friends, etc, etc, etc.

Why some people will never understand this, i dont get it. I barely have time to play, so imagine people who also spend time modding. I mean, its just common sense.

In any case, i just wanted to say that the work that is being done in Spain is completely amazing. With the exception of some problematic bugs (traffic going through fences and a big gap in one of the turns) in the part of pamplona (cant exaclty remember) and some gps-path issues (route does not correspond with the gps counterpart) im completely amazed about the optimization and the quality of all the landscapes at the same time, very rich environment showing, again, why the promods team is what it is, a group of super heroes lol.

I was going to report those issues i mentioned in the proper thread but i noticed its closed (been gone for a while) and i was wondering why. And then i saw this post, so i take the opportunity to thanks the promods Spain team (actually im not sure if it is just one guy doing the job) for the good work. And i still didnt see Barcelona, but after driving through Pamplona, Irun, Jaca and other cities around, i dont need to. It must be amazing.

Thanks again, and keep it up the good work. Even if it takes 5 years, i cant "wait" to see Spain completed lol.

Shiva

09 Jun 2019 09:14

Bug reports? They go here -> Bug reports
But remember to read [IMPORTANT] How to report a bug, before posting.

It is possible that a bug found, is already reported.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

mike0ne
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2019 18:50

Coming out of lurking to +1 the OP, Spain and the rest of the mod; amazing work all round! I wouldn't play this game were it not for the promods team C:

pichuneke

05 Jul 2019 07:45

Hi, it's my first post here. I just wanted to congratulate the team for the work I've seen they're doing in Spain. I live in Ciudad Real and I'm amazed by the work they are doing in my city. I've recognised every single place of my city when I saw the images of the following link. I imagine that nobody has been in this city never, so the merit of what they've done is bigger.

https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... al#p252698

By the way, I think that the route I link here is starting to be legendary. It's a dangerous road, and it's the route that links the east of Spain and Portugal. I'm not sure, but I don't remember seeing petrol stations for hundreds of km. And there's a truck every 2 minutes. You should take a look at it. Some news about the route in Spanish:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.9629 ... m2!4m1!3e0

https://www.latribunadeciudadreal.es/no ... -en-la-a41

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... &sandbox=1

https://www.eldiario.es/eldiarioex/soci ... 33428.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... &sandbox=1

tantalus

07 Jul 2019 17:20

Hi, is someone having performance issues more than usual in Spain since the 1.35 update? i know that Spain is not as optimized as other parts of promods, but before 1.35 i rarely went down under 25-30 fps, after 1.35 there are many zones coming from Pau where it drops to 10-15 fps specially when you pass the mountains with all those trees... Im so sad because i love the work done in Spain. Is amazing, but the game is not really playable (for me in any case) in this way. I hope they are still working on optimization through Spain. So i can drive through there once again one day. Its a great map so far.

EdgeGladiator

07 Jul 2019 21:00

nothing change on Spain between 2.40 or 2.41, it's impossible for fps to drop like this all over there. Might be a problem on your side.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

brainiac
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2019 21:53

Are you Spaniard now?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

EdgeGladiator

07 Jul 2019 22:16

not, but I'm travel on Spain
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

brainiac
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2019 22:49

You must enjoy too much!
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

tantalus

07 Jul 2019 23:12

EdgeGladiator wrote:
07 Jul 2019 21:00
nothing change on Spain between 2.40 or 2.41, it's impossible for fps to drop like this all over there. Might be a problem on your side.
Nothing changed? dont you think the jump from dx9 to dx11 is considered a "change"? lol. :lol:

In any case, in my end its really noticeable the fps drop. Maybe in yours it isnt?. My rig is pretty old.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information