Separate promods and truckersmp profile?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Peyoteets

14 Feb 2019 01:49

Hello everyone this is my first post and i just registered today and i am really sorry if this question has been asked before. I want to play promods and also i want to play truckersmp(ets2mp) too. Is it possible to create separate profile or different profile to play them ? For example i make 2 profile. Profile 1 called promods and only install promods mods and profile 2 called truckersmp is only for multiplayer and promods disabled.

And also I have ets 2 with all maps dlc, trailer pack and any kind of transport (special, high power and heavy) but i dont have any paint job, accessories and tunning pack. Can i still install this mod?

Thank you.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2019 05:39

Yes that is possible and the only way to play both mods.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

De_Ruyter

15 Feb 2019 11:23

It would be awesome to have both mods available at the same time, even if it's likely to find a way to make them work together it would be rather hard on both teams.
For example, you can't just think in simple terms like opening a server just for ProMods. There is a lot more that needs to be changed to even make it work.
This for both sides, let me explain in simplified points.

1. If the ETS2MP server does not see ProMods as a legal mod, it would be either not working or the admins will ban you for it. Which would be a unwanted result in your question.

2. Not sure about this one, perhaps someone from ProMods or ETS2MP can shed some light on this. But it may be needed for ProMods to run on the server itself.
If not, it would be very possible that you will see people driving in the middle of nowhere or other odd glitches.

3. Of course you will need to have everyone that wishes to join this server, have both mods installed properly on their own computers. For obvious reasons.

4. It would be a nightmare for the ETS2MP admins as well, there is with default already a huge world to go trough and their admins are already over stretched.
I don't think they would welcome in that regard a huge map upgrade with all kinds of new possibilities for griefers to do their thing.

I hope this helps a bit to answer your question, at least if I didn't mess up somewhere haha
(Promods crew, please do correct me if you see a mistake!)
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information