Do I Install the TCP files if I Install Promods Main Files?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
kerbalman
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2019 22:18

I download the paid version to offer my support for Promods. Yeah, I know the $1 is for bandwidth. I also download the TCP file. My questions: are the trailers and businesses in the TCP file the same ones in the main Promods files (with the maps, etc.)? I ask, even though, I've used Promods for many years. This question just finally struck me.

Sidebar #1: Promods is the ONLY mod I use in ETS2. Definitely, the only map worth using.

Sidebar #2: when I first started using Promods years ago, a couple of the Promods developers were SCS developers. Is that still the case?

Sidebar #3: I just saw a Promods trailer at one of my destinations. Can you create a mod to make that an ownable trailer? Or, a Promods skin for an ownable trailer? I want THAT!!! If you could make a MAN TGX Euro 6 truck skin with Promods on it, that would be AWESOME. Want to spread the Promods love across Europe. :D :D :D

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2019 04:53

The trailer and company files contained in the TCP mod are intended to be used to replace the SCS Software default companies and their associated paint jobs.
At this time, only the base SCS companies and the ones provided by the Scandinavia DLC along with the fuel stations found in the France and Italy DLCs .
The trailers that are provided by the TCP are based on the older models that SCS Software has removed from the base game with the Trailer Ownership update.
The TCP trailers still work, but they appear alongside the newer SCS Software ones the last I checked. A future update of the TCP should fix this issue.

Regarding Sidebar #2, some of the ProMods developers are indeed SCS developers, most notably MandelSoft.
Someone else can fill in the details of who else from ProMods works at SCS Software, as I don't remember that information clearly.

Regarding Sidebar #3, the ProMods paint job that appears on trailers is usable by the player when they pickup a trailer from a company when using their own truck.
Select a job from the Freight Market and then click the little cog/gear icon in the corner of the trailer icon.
You'll then be able to pick among a number of trailer configurations (trailer models and paint jobs) for that cargo, one of which is the black ProMods paint job.
I would imagine that it will be made into a player usable skin for owned trailers in a future update of either ProMods itself or the TCP mod.
Truck paint jobs will probably be left up to the player to implement, but maybe someone can make a suitable paint job for player trucks.

zyprexia

22 Jan 2019 11:13

TCP comes with two mod files. A standalone or a replacement.
Only use one!
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Vøytek
Developer

22 Jan 2019 13:26

kerbalman wrote:
Sidebar #2: when I first started using Promods years ago, a couple of the Promods developers were SCS developers
Wrong, our developers didn't work at SCS years ago.
kerbalman wrote:
Is that still the case?
But now we have 2 developers working there - or rather one developer and one ex-developer ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

kerbalman
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2019 15:05

thanks for the info, guys.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information