[Opinions] Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Shiva

07 Dec 2018 02:05

brainiac wrote:
06 Dec 2018 15:55
I can't talk about Helsinki because I still don't have Baltic DLC.
brainiac, wait, you do not have the DLC yet?
And are already negative about it?!
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2018 04:13

As always.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

07 Dec 2018 12:07

That way you get positively surprised by some stuff?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

AoiWithAStar

07 Dec 2018 17:07

I'd personally like for Promods to use the assets provided in the Baltics DLC for doing Eastern European buildings simply because they are better than anything I've seen from both Russian modders and from Promods itself. While I really love the work that was put into the Baltic area in Promods, I can't help but feel that all of the flats that SCS has modeled out are simply far better and more realistic looking.

So far from my experience with the DLC I really enjoy the cities but wish they had more roads connecting parts of them. Some cities in Lithuania and Latvia feel disjointed, not so much due to their layout but simply due to some roads being blocked off. I have to say that I absolutely love the coastal roads in Estonia though. A big complaint I have though is that while there's plenty of trams and trains in this DLC, there is no trolley buses. I saw several cities where there were lines for them but I saw not a single proper one. If those cities still have functional trolley buses, please add them into the game. I love seeing them in Southern Region and would love to see them in the Baltics as well.

I don't know how the Russian part of the map will go. If the Promods devs aren't touching St Petersburg that's fine. If they are, there's a couple of areas in the city that also follow my issue of areas being disjointed from the rest of the city and I would really like it if that were changed.

One final thing is I've noticed a lot of blocked off intersections for cities that could be mapped out into highways and roads in other locations as I think there's enough space for it. Otherwise I really like this DLC so far.

id777
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 00:27

I think Promods wont touch St Petersburg area as they have agreement with Rusmap.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

trphlcs
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 09:13

In my opinion there are quite some differences in quality when you take a look at each country.
The thing that stands out the most for me is that Lithuania doesn't seem to have the same quality compared to the other 4 countries.
Especially when you cross the border to Latvia, Latvia looks much more detailed. The landscape of Lithuania feels very empty and looks almost the same everywhere in the country.
Is it only me or did anybody else notice it too?
Last edited by trphlcs on 08 Dec 2018 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

brainiac
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 10:29

On other side, Aldimator is still only Rusmapper, so he also won't touch St. Petersburg and rest of DLC in Russia, so I think that Promods will expand territory.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

samuray
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 12:40

brainiac wrote:
08 Dec 2018 10:29
On other side, Aldimator is still only Rusmapper, so he also won't touch St. Petersburg and rest of DLC in Russia, so I think that Promods will expand territory.
I think it was said before that Aldimator will rebuild Russia with the new assets.

BCrossing

08 Dec 2018 13:35

I would assume it has something to do with them finishing it first, and then moving to other parts of the DLC later. I'm fairly sure they did the same thing with Denmark. The rest of the north DLC has custom intersections on main routes quite often, whereas Denmark just has some retextured prefabs on the main routes. I haven't noticed it in Lithuania myself but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what has happened.

brainiac
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 14:07

Lets see what will happen, does Promods need to touch Russia in DLC.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information