[Opinions] Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 17:28

Good thing about giant ring roads is much space for centers. :-D
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 18:51

I'm more a fan of country roads myself. The game is about driving from A to B through beautiful countries.
I'm not really a fan of city centers.

Not much time is spend there anyhow, for me it's lost developing time. Better spend that time on the country roads.

Authentic cities, yes please. But not too much city centers where trucks don't go anyway.
Trucks most of the time stay in the industrial area. So that's more important to make then city centers.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Shiva

17 Dec 2018 09:44

I agree with Volleybal4life
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2018 10:34

And I don't.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2018 10:47

Let's not make this an 'I do' - 'I don't' kinda discussion with no constructive reasons at all :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2018 11:58

Yes, this isn't voting.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

kamikazee54

17 Dec 2018 14:37

Well i really miss only one town centre from Promods in DLC Baltics and it's Helsinky. In promods it had so bad city ring with old interchanges that i really hated when traveled there, but town center was so beautiful that it was my second most popular city in the game(after original St.Petersburg from Rusmap). Others cities in DLC i think are fine, i don't really need town centre there.

raceidiot

18 Dec 2018 13:32

Volleybal4life wrote:
16 Dec 2018 18:51
I'm more a fan of country roads myself. The game is about driving from A to B through beautiful countries.
I'm not really a fan of city centers.

Not much time is spend there anyhow, for me it's lost developing time. Better spend that time on the country roads.

Authentic cities, yes please. But not too much city centers where trucks don't go anyway.
Trucks most of the time stay in the industrial area. So that's more important to make then city centers.
Exactly, the majority of game time is spent traveling between cities. Sure it's nice to have something like Promods London, even though there are routes through the centre where full artics can go most truck drivers will avoid it unless they are delivering something there.

Promods version of Valencia seems to get this right as the surrounding roads are pretty recognisable but then you don't go anywhere near the centre.

I think the DLC is better than Promods version of the Baltics, which apart from some of the towns was pretty bland. I'm not a local though and the only place I've visited was Lithuania so I wouldn't notice if road signs were out of place or whatever.

Promods southern Finland is probably the worst spot of the map, however this is understandable due to it's age.
Beefy gameing rig specs
MB: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Noctua NH-D15 Ram: 32gb DDR4 @3200mhz GPU: NVidia RTX 3080 ti FE Storage: HP EX950 512gb, Crucial MX500 1TB, 3TB WD Red Case: Fractal Design Meshify Compact 2

Shiva

18 Dec 2018 15:07

kamikazee54 wrote:
17 Dec 2018 14:37
Well i really miss only one town centre from Promods in DLC Baltics and it's Helsinky.
Regarding Helsinki:
Helsinki - Access Regulation
Key:
orange – areas where lorries over 12 meters are forbidden
red lines – recommended routes between Vuosaari harbour and main roads
grey lines – recommended routes between passenger harbours and main roads
ETS 2 Baltic DLC is quite correct.
And it could be a bit troublesome to shoehorn in Eteläsatama and Katajanokka harbours into the map.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2018 10:15

Frankly speaking, I am sorry there's no city road running through Helsinki. Of all occasion, the warehouse and service center is located on the east side of the Ring III. Even more Helsinki port accessibility is much worse than other cities because it has to go too far around by Ring III, so I want ProMods rebuild SCS Helsinki like rebuilt Milano by ProMods in 2.30.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information