Speed Limits/Radar Traps

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Storm2608

10 Nov 2018 16:14

Hi,
Is it normal on European highways for the speed limit to suddenly be reduced to 80 Km/h for a photo-radar setup? I'm used to driving in Canada in real-life and there are no such things as the speed limit suddenly dropping from 110 Km'/h to 80 in the middle of no-where.

What's behind that in the game?

Where I live, trucks are operated at the same speed as cars.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2018 20:10

In Europe trucks have their own speedlimit. Which mostly is 80km/h.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Omicron
Developer

11 Nov 2018 15:52

I'd like to ask the same question, but in relation to the car speed limits. In various countries on the base map (UK, France, Germany, etc.) cars go at normal motorway speed limits and then expected to go much slower when approaching speed cameras. I've never seen that in the UK or Germany, and I don't what it's like in France, and here, (built-in) speed cameras don't really exist, so it's not something I'm familiar with. Is it something SCS implemented or is it like that in real life?
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2018 19:53

It is like that in real life. Here in NL it sometimes seems like people don't look at their speedometer, and have no idea how fast they're going. And thus brake non the less.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

BigRickButters

12 Nov 2018 11:36

As someone who is driving on German roads and motorways regularly I have to say it is more than realistic. If anyone sees a speed trap, they will drastically reduce their speed. In some areas you pass them with 10-20 km/h slower than allowed just because someone saw a speed trap.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information