Letter to Promods Devs

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Wild Bill Kelso
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 07:46

dkokales wrote:
14 Oct 2018 01:14
The DLCs are not expensive at all...
Second that!
Just compare the regular (non-discount) prices of the ETS2-DLCs with the price tag on a proper FSX payware addon (of which I have tons of):
Flightsimmers are used to pay not less than 20 or 30 EUR for a decent midsized single airport addon or an average addon aircraft. So there's no reason in complaining about the DLC requirements - set aside the absolutely comprehensible technical reasons concerning the DLC assets needed for ProMods to work with!

Both ETS2 and FSX do work without these addons, but in order to get some luxury - you have to pay the price.
There's no economy cheat mod in real life!

Cheers,
Markus.

EdgeGladiator

15 Oct 2018 17:26

The problem with DLCs is if you start the game, is that you have to pay all at once. If you have been there for a long time, this is only one DLC map per year, really cheap. ;)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

ScuL
Founder

16 Oct 2018 00:55

Therefore there now is a "DLC Map Booster" pack on Steam
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

SpiritoftheLion

17 Oct 2018 11:20

Steam regularly has ETS2 DLC on sale making it even cheaper then it already is.

Most players do own Map DLC, and I think even most of that part even owns it ALL (we are ones who own the game+DLC+extra's from a-z).

As many stated before in truth : considering how often DLC are released and the prices... it is not that bad.
Me and husband are under average income (50% less) and even we manage to buy and keep track of the DLC's with an extreme terribly low budget of 100 euro a month to live from with 2 adults and a dog.
Eat less pizza, buy less candy.

I do get where you are coming from, money can be tight, but on our end we find it to be worth it to let some things slide or save small bits to be able to buy the DLC's on release, and do keep in mind we have each our own PC and games so we buy everything 2x when it comes to ETS2 DLC.

With all due respect, if we can do that (save up/buy) from 100euro a month to live from I doubt many people wthl more to spend considering the household we have then i do not see why others struggle with it.
The game and developers are worth it to have that support and buy the DLC's and therefor ProMods and other mod makers are worth it so we can keep using their mods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information