Porting ETS2 Profile to ProMods Profile?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
TheCurmudgeon

19 Jun 2018 17:15

Well now that I have the new ProMods and Trailers zip I'd like to import? my current profile after adding the mods. Is this going to be possible? Hope I posted this in the correct forum, thanks for the help.

Josh0

19 Jun 2018 17:35

If you are adding ProMods to a game profile that previously had no map mods, yes this is possible and most features will "survive" the upgrade such as XP level, money in the bank, purchased trucks, purchased garages. However most of the world map will become "undiscovered" due to ProMods replacing most of the SCS map areas. Fair warning: after you play with ProMods in this game profile for a while, it may be risky if you ever want to remove ProMods from the profile (to remove ProMods you will have to do some work like selling your garages that don't exist in the SCS base map).

I personally recommend having two separate game profiles: one without map mods (the SCS base map), and one with ProMods. But the decision is yours.

Shiva

19 Jun 2018 19:19

I agree with Josh0's recommendation about 2 separate profiles. And he's right.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2018 20:04

Well, when you have your main garage not in a Modded town then you could remove the Map Mods even if you bought some garage in Modded towns. It will then only display the modded Garages as --- but the drivers are still working fine. When you add the Mod back in, the Garage name of modded Towns we get back normally.
But if you choose your Main Garage in a Modded town you can't remove the mod, since an econmy Reset teleports you to your Main Garage, and if the Garage isn't existing anymore it will crash.

But never the less, to be safe and not corrupting anything 2 profiles would be better.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information