Outdated countries/regions in Promods map.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
id777
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2018 17:45

Hi. First, I would like to thank Promods team for their work.
Thanks to Promods developers game becomes more realistic and more interesting. On the scs forum I found a map of the progress of the Promods team. I have traveled across Europe, on default sectors as well as on sectors improved by Promods team. I found a huge difference in map detailization. I would like to contact the developers to take into account this problem.

Here is the map. I found 4 countries that are very outdated. These are Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.

However, some regions of Hungary such as Gyor and Szeged are pretty cool. The same I can say about Bucharest (Romania).
Also some regions of Poland , for example Olsztyn are outdated.

While the developers are adding new territories (Serbia, Croatia) I have a big request not to forget to upgrade the old ones. Please do not repeat the mistakes of the SCS (I mean default map if someone does not understand :D )

Please do not take this post negatively. I respect Promods developments. Thanks for your work.

id777
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2018 22:04

Obviously they are aware of this. If you follow the development threads around this forum you will see that these areas are indeed recognised as old, and will be rebuilt in due time. The map you see isn't final. It's a work in progress. Anything that can be improved, will probably be improved sooner or later.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2018 23:47

On the one hand, Darkfizch is right – on the other, this sort of specific and constructive feedback/criticism generally ought to be highly regarded by any developer.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Vøytek
Developer

14 Feb 2018 23:56

We appreciate all kind of feedback and take all your ideas and criticism seriously.

But this feedback is quite... obvious and not needed - we know what areas are old, incomplete and so on, but we don't have the manpower to take care of all of them. And we won't force ourselves to work somewhere where we don't want to. Every developer has his own motivation, creative vision and ideas for each country he chooses to work in. If nobody wants to work in Czechia or Slovakia, it just won't happen, unless a new developer appears, who wants to work there ;)

Also, every developer has his own style that you may like or not, which contributes to the feeling of something being old or less-detailed, compared to some other areas.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Noah_Lukas

15 Feb 2018 00:20

And Györ is the first city made in Hungary so they started not a long time ago with that project
More projects (e.g. Switzerland) will follow when they finished other projects ;)
I mean look at the amount of projects this is not a little :)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

id777
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2018 03:25

Yes, I understand this. Thanks for explanation it was useful for me, cause before this I thought developments are in all regions in a row, not selectively.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information