(Suggestion) Exclusive ProMods Weather Mod

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
BrunoAlexLUX

12 Nov 2017 21:29

Hi, Everybody. I was wondering if it would be possible to create, like the Trailers and Company or the Cabin Accessories add-on, a mod with Winter, Autumn or Spring day and night time, temperatures and other features. I know that ProMods already has different Weather Zones for different parts of the map, so I think this would be possible.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Nov 2017 21:40

Foggy Weather 2.0 will be compatible with ProMods, and it's going to be awesome, so there's no point for us to spend time creating a weather mod.
Our manpower isn't unlimited, unfortunately.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

BrunoAlexLUX

13 Nov 2017 10:40

What I meant was only to have the different day and night times for each region. I saw a file called climate.promods.sii and someone could change the values so that for example we would have longer nights in Scandinavia in Winter. We would then have a file for winter and another for fall/spring.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2017 12:27

I get what you mean. Even if you use a weather mod that extends the nights and shortens the days, the game will still treat the latitude of each region as if it's mid-summer. So if you use a winter mod, Scandinavia will still see the most daylight, and areas like Spain very little. Even though this should be the the other way around. I'm not sure if it's possible though, or if it's hard-coded into the game.

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Nov 2017 01:43

The game treats the latitude realistically according to the day of the year a mod sets. So with a winter mod you might get 8-9h of daylight in central Europe, but certainly 24h night on Svalbard.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2017 14:17

Is that so? Frankly it's been a long time since I've tried winter mods because of that issue, I didn't know it was fixed! Cool, good to know.

bmwGTR

14 Nov 2017 14:53

Hi,

I noticted that while using the "Late Autumn" mod from Grimes - in the south the day is longer as in the north.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Callipso
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2017 20:53

Have you guys tried to edit the env_data.sii file? this is what is inside that file.

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
env_profile : env.data {

lamps_on_elevation: 5.0

day_in_year: 172	//summer solstice
	summer_time: 1		//+1 hour
}
}

Change the day_in_year setting to like 340 to change the sun positions for daylight hours for winter? I've had good success with changing these numbers. Also, if you change the summer_time setting to 0 instead of 1 you will get one less hour of daylight replicating daylight savings time. Changing this can give you perpetual night time in places like Iceland, Norway, and other far north locations.

Vøytek
Developer

14 Nov 2017 22:34

ETS2 is set in the middle of June (almost middle) and that's why there are no seasons. It's just always summer. So changing that simple value should work indeed ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information