Special Transport DLC Support

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
JohnBart
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 16:05

Hi Folks,

Sorry if the topic is redundant, but the Forum Search didn't yield any results on this in the Promods and Off-Topic sections of the portal.

As you know, SCS has announced the Special Transport DLC not so long ago. Based on the wording of the feature list, the routes don't seem to be randomly-generated in runtime by the game, but are rather pre-determined on the vanilla base + DLC maps (they say there'll be 12 routes on the base map, 2 in Scandinavia, 2 in the Going East sector, and 1 in the new French area). Which begs the question then, whether the special transport jobs would be compatible with the ProMods map?

Since ProMods is based on the vanilla map and requires all map DLCs, I suppose that - logically - it would either support these special transports by default, or the mod can be modified later to support them (what I can imagine that perhaps touched-up parts of the map need to be modified to facilitate the placement of props and peds, etc.). Do you know anything about this?
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Nissantruck

07 Nov 2017 16:51

Hello!
I must say that i would like to know about that too,because i could buy that Special Transport DLC,if i could know for shure,that it would work with Promods map too.
If it will not work or it is not compatible with the Pm map,then i cant buy it,because i use the Pm map.
More information about that would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

07 Nov 2017 17:56

We have a rough idea of how the functionality will work. However, it relies on many of the new features in ETS2 1.29 and we want to see it in action as well.

We will not have support for it in time for its launch and likely won't have support for some time after its release. It might come in the 1.30 compatible version of ProMods. It depends on how complex the functionality we need to set up will be and where we're working at the time.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

JohnBart
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 19:09

Thanks for clarifying this. It's good to know that compatibility is possible, even if the support won't be there day one.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

smith121363
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2017 03:42

Well, in that case be sure to let us know when it is safe to buy the DLC. I can not nor will not play ETS2 without Promods. I have been this away for 3 years now.

Nissantruck

08 Nov 2017 11:11

Hello!

That is good to know,that it can work with Promods map someday and it would be nice to know when it will be compatible with the Pm map,until then i will not buy it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

09 Nov 2017 09:19

Depending on SCS' distribution of the jobs (They're all designed in a very staged and controlled way), there may be some that work without us having to do anything. Particularly ones in the new parts of Central and Southern France and the new/rebuilt DLC Italy areas if SCS puts any Oversize jobs there (We're not aware of any at launch).

We will announce compatibility with the pack once we've been able to build it in.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2017 20:45

Just to clarify, if/when this happens, I assume it won't be a mandatory expansion that you need to play Promods like the other map expansions. Asking because I run the legacy version (I know - shock horror), so I can't get any DLC that isn't a map expansion.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2017 21:08

We can only tell you that when we know exactly how this new DLC interacts with map-mods.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information