[Tutorial] Installing ProMods under Linux

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2017 11:32

This quick guide is specifically for Ubuntu 17.10 (and Debian, and potentially previous or future Ubuntu releases).

First off - grab the files you need. These are available under [Download] above. Also, install Euro Truck Simulator and all related DLC's from Steam. Take a look at the general installation instructions if you want some help in doing this.

You'll need something to extract the archive. In Ubuntu 17.10 at-least full 7zip extraction abilities are supported. Just extract your files into a single folder - once you've grabbed everything you should have something that looks like this:

Now - lets make it all work. Remember that directory you saved your mod data to? Well, glad you remembered it because at this point is is easier to linux-fu it. I saved mine in ~/promods/ (where ~/ is your home directory) so things are easy, you may want to as well. Lets quickfire this in a single command (in your Linux terminal):

cd ~/.local/share/Euro\ Truck\ Simulator\ 2/ && mkdir mod && mv ~/promods/* mod/ && cd ~/ && rm -rf ~/promods

Launch ETS, enable the mod and enjoy! Simple huh?

Promods Server Administrator

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2017 11:49

Added a bit 'o glue :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

wifon

26 Dec 2018 16:35

No need to use terminal

For the ones that are unaware, in most file managers you just press CTRL+H to show hidden directories, then navigate to .local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod and paste the .scs files

Then press CTRL+H again to hide hidden directories

Yneeia

29 Dec 2018 16:02

thanks for tutorail!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information