[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
b0r1s

05 Dec 2017 21:11

Yep, I used download manager for first download, I didnt open new download until the last one wasnt finished just because of this issues. When I attempt to download second file I got a message about blocking. I understand that servers are overloaded, I understand that this is free download so that I need to wait. But waiting for an hour or more? Maybe my browser did send multiple request or something gone wrong. I understand that too, so I disabled download manager just to download this map. And btw, I use adblocking addon on firefox because I really really hate adds. Thanks anyway and sorry to interrupt you.
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2017 04:52

b0r1s wrote:
05 Dec 2017 21:11
Yep, I used download manager for first download, I didnt open new download until the last one wasnt finished just because of this issues. When I attempt to download second file I got a message about blocking. I understand that servers are overloaded, I understand that this is free download so that I need to wait. But waiting for an hour or more? Maybe my browser did send multiple request or something gone wrong. I understand that too, so I disabled download manager just to download this map. And btw, I use adblocking addon on firefox because I really really hate adds. Thanks anyway and sorry to interrupt you.
As I've said multiple times do not use download managers as they put unnecessary load on our servers. This is why you were blocked. The download manager will attempt to use as many connections as possible. I never said 2 files at once, I have always said 2 download threads at 200kb/s each (max of 400kb/s per user at any given time) - you could either use this to download 2 files at 200kb/s each using one connection each, or 1 file at 400kb/s and risk getting your IP blocked because you'll be using a download manager then. The download manager will always seek more connections, our servers deny this and if it is attempted too many times then boom, you're blocked.

So again. Don't use download managers on the free download. If you do, you honestly deserve to be blocked as they put so much strain on servers in general.
Promods Server Administrator

b0r1s

06 Dec 2017 07:35

thanks, I undestand now what you talking about. and yes, I set my download manager to have maybe 5 or 10 connections on server. Again, sorry to bother you. I am downloading right now using browser one at time parts and it is great.
ETS 2 1.31.2.2 All DLC + ProMods v2.30 + RusMap v1.8.1

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2017 12:03

b0r1s wrote:
06 Dec 2017 07:35
thanks, I undestand now what you talking about. and yes, I set my download manager to have maybe 5 or 10 connections on server. Again, sorry to bother you. I am downloading right now using browser one at time parts and it is great.
No problems. It is more people don't understand what download accelerators do in general to servers and if we allowed them then you simply wouldn't even be able to start the download as the servers connections would be totally saturated by other people. We don't want that, we'd like people to have a fair chance of grabbing the download. Afraid it does cost quite a bit of money and time to have such a system in place hence the limitations. Else, hopefully you grabbed the mod successfully and are enjoying it :)
Promods Server Administrator

Inthernet

06 Dec 2017 13:36

Hi guys, I'm confused. I've tried using the latest non-beta of 7zip to no avail. Is this a case of trying my luck with a re-download?

sem.tilburg

06 Dec 2017 16:35

hey,

I tried to download pro mods, but everytime i clicked skip ad, there was a pop up page popping up, and now i cant downlaod it anymore, and when i try the one that i managed to download 10 minutes before it says when i open the file "acces denied" so can anyone help me please

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

06 Dec 2017 19:49

You're probably sending out too many download requests. The free download server can only handle two download threads at once. Just be sure to be patient and when a popup comes up, click away and try again. Alternatively, the paid download is really just a few euro cents, and no hassle at all.

ScuL
Founder

06 Dec 2017 21:53

I think you should probably try to redownload the free download archives
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Inthernet

07 Dec 2017 13:03

Wanted to avoid that preferably but took your advice and it worked, thanks!

Dang my luck!

Kamiskl

11 Dec 2017 20:17

sem.tilburg wrote:
06 Dec 2017 16:35
hey,

I tried to download pro mods, but everytime i clicked skip ad, there was a pop up page popping up, and now i cant downlaod it anymore, and when i try the one that i managed to download 10 minutes before it says when i open the file "acces denied" so can anyone help me please
I have the same situation. Something doesnt work here. Cant download new promods and i didnt have any problems with previosu version. :evil:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information