[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2017 10:38

Kamiskl wrote:
11 Dec 2017 20:17
I have the same situation. Something doesnt work here. Cant download new promods and i didnt have any problems with previosu version. :evil:
There is automated tests that happen to confirm that the download servers are both serving downloads and that adf.ly is behaving itself. I am yet to see any issues on these tests during this release (on Firefox, no ad blocking and via Selenium Webdriver for those interested). Any issues you're having with the download are 100% due to your setup unless either I or ScuL state otherwise. In this case use either Google Chrome or Firefox, if you must use an ad blocker then use Ublock Origin (Chrome, Firefox) (and nothing else - no tracker blockers, no other ad blockers etc as uBlock will handle it all) and do an audit through your extensions and / or run a Malwarebytes scan on your machine.
Promods Server Administrator

servicebasketusa

12 Dec 2017 17:44

I received a message error in download when almost to complete download. Is that my pc issue or other, not understand.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2017 10:14

servicebasketusa wrote:
12 Dec 2017 17:44
I received a message error in download when almost to complete download. Is that my pc issue or other, not understand.
Read my reply directly above yours...

JANXOL

16 Dec 2017 22:38

Hello, I am attemting to download free packages of promods, but it only says "access denied". It says I have a maximum number of connections, even though I;m not downloading anything yet (it doesnt allow me to begin the first download, apart from the def file).

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2017 23:24

JANXOL wrote:
Hello, I am attemting to download free packages of promods, but it only says "access denied". It says I have a maximum number of connections, even though I;m not downloading anything yet (it doesnt allow me to begin the first download, apart from the def file).
This is not what I am seeing - I am seeing you had started the first chunk of the download as well as another download hosted on our free download servers and both were successful requests (the download servers were indeed sending you data). You've also tried multiple web browsers. Please try with Chrome without using any download accelerators.

JANXOL

17 Dec 2017 10:26

michaelmurfy wrote:
16 Dec 2017 23:24
JANXOL wrote:
This is not what I am seeing - I am seeing you had started the first chunk of the download as well as another download hosted on our free download servers and both were successful requests (the download servers were indeed sending you data). You've also tried multiple web browsers. Please try with Chrome without using any download accelerators.
That was after inital problems. I somewhat got it to work, I have downloaded two files now using Internet explorer. It didn't work with Firefox or Chrome. In internet eplorer it still said "access denied" but the browser asked me to save the file regardless and downloaded it.

Flyjet

17 Dec 2017 19:36

I downloaded the multi-parts archive 2 times without any accelerator, and 7zip sends me a message I could translate like that (I'm French) : "can't open [7z] file as archive."Does somebody have already faced this issue ? the previous versions worked fine. and yes, i click on the first part to extract.

ScuL
Founder

18 Dec 2017 00:43

Make sure all the file names are in sequence, all the files are complete, and all the files are in the same destination folder
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Matas LT

22 Dec 2017 19:46

Why block? I wanted to download a file, but your servers idn't answered... so.. whay you adding a bans for nothing?

ScuL
Founder

22 Dec 2017 22:33

You only get blocked when you abuse the servers. Disable download accelerators and try again.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information