[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Justin Cortenbach
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2014 19:05

Hello i come from holland

I want to unpack the file, but then I get this

WHAT TO DO!!!

sorry the pic is in Dutch!
I'll just translate:
Error in checksum for ProMods
the volume is invalid

WHAT TO DO

i unpack with WINRAR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Jun 2014 20:12

Did you unpack the packages one by one or all at a single go. Try to unpack them all at once or only the first part (which should automatically unpack the other three parts.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

hahaloll

05 Jul 2014 18:53

Obviously I have made some mistake. I don't have the "promods-v162-def.scs" file listed in the mods folder. But I have the other two. The "promode maps.scs" file and "promode v162.scs" file. This is the reason the game hangs up in startup and crashes all the times.

I don't understand, I generated a def-file and put it in the mods folder. However I miss this "promods-v162-def.scs file".

I do have a folder named "def" in mods. But no def.scs file. I have the other two but not this last one :(

ScuL
Founder

05 Jul 2014 20:08

You're on a pirated copy. No support.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

lolowicz125

11 Jul 2014 10:31

Ok, so when i'm trying to unpack file promods.v162, i'm having errors saying something like that:

1.promods-v1.62.part2.rar: Unexpected end of archive
2.(the same as up) : CRC mistake (good word?) in promods-v162.scs. File is broken
3.(again, the same as up) : CRC mistake (again good?) of compressed data in promods-v162.scs. The volume (translator, good word?) is broken.

If i should add something there pls say, because i'm new and idk what should i add.

Greetings, Adrian

stummer
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2014 10:49

You just have to download all 3 parts into the same directory. Then select part 1 with WinRAR or 7zip and extract it - this will combine and extract all parts automatically.

So you don't need to extract the other parts by yourself.

lolowicz125

11 Jul 2014 17:45

stummer wrote:You just have to download all 3 parts into the same directory. Then select part 1 with WinRAR or 7zip and extract it - this will combine and extract all parts automatically.

So you don't need to extract the other parts by yourself.

Step 1: Done
Step 2: When extracting part 1 the same errors are showing up, and they are showing when its extracting part of map from part 2, so maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Karloe

11 Jul 2014 18:50

Probably a bit that tumbled (file - corruption) during Download, try re-downloading the 2nd part again.
(and the 3rd part if the same happens again on that part.)

Anthony0325

17 Jul 2014 19:42

Hello,

I am on step 2 of the installation, where I need to extract the RAR files from the 3 split archives into my mod folder. However I'm having problems with the Mod Archives 2 and 3. When trying to extract them using 7Zip, I get an error message saying the files are broken and therefore can't be extracted. WinZip on the other hand doesn't detect the files at all and only shows the readme's.

I have tried downloading the mod archives multiple times to no avail.

Any help would be great

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Jul 2014 21:08

When extracting the 3-part archive *ONLY* open the 1st archive. This will auto-combine the 3 archives and allow you to extract the two mod files to your mod folder. Do not extract parts 2 and 3 seperately or select all three parts before opening.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information