[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

13 Oct 2017 03:29

This time it won't be him giving a warning but it will be the admin banning you.

Mind your language and respect our work.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

etpro

06 Nov 2017 01:31

This is ridiculous. I manage to download 3 files but i cant get the rest of them because i keep getting blocked. Not very happy.

ScuL
Founder

06 Nov 2017 04:59

The blocking mechanism is there to protect our severs. If you stopped hammering the servers with download requests then it wouldn't have blocked you. You get warnings prior to being blocked.

Switch off your download accelerator / manager and download the files, patiently, one at a time.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2017 07:50

etpro wrote:
06 Nov 2017 01:31
This is ridiculous. I manage to download 3 files but i cant get the rest of them because i keep getting blocked. Not very happy.
Time for another round I think.

You were blocked because you were using a combo of a download accelerator and quickfiring the links (I can see 5 requests in the space of less than a minute for a single download then an attempt to start another download). This is likely related to using a download accelerator like DownThemAll!.

You were also redirected to https://promods.net/limit.html a total of 8 times which explicitly tells you to NOT use download accelerators and if you do, you risk getting blocked and to cease trying to start any further downloads for a period of time (normally an hour).

Our servers were working as intended to prevent abuse. You can always pay $1 to get a fast download that'll allow you to use a download accelerator if you like but if you want to download the mod for free you have to adhere to the rules of doing so. Next time, take it easy, don't use a download accelerator and only download a max of 2 files at once. Wait until they download before starting any further downloads.
Promods Server Administrator

dutchnexus

06 Nov 2017 13:33

i have to save multiple extentions to my webbrowser to download these mods...
i'm not gonna do that because they are a real pain in my ass.
and i'm not even sure if the map won't crash my game. i have 1.27. and i can't update my game because my steam won't open anymore. even if i re-install it.. every time i start up my computer my steam is updating forever and won't complete. its very odd...
Any other map crashes my game.. Same as most of the truck mods. I'm new and never had any map mod. so i don't even know wich map you need first.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2017 22:41

You don't have to save anything those ad sites serve you. Just click out of the tab and attempt to download again. Also, you will need 1.28 to install Promods 2.20. If you have 1.27, best you can do is install Promods 2.17.

etpro

06 Nov 2017 23:16

While i finally did manage to get all the files for pro mod. The sharemods downloads for other mods is a real pain because sometimes you have to repeatedly download the same file as it will stop downloading this happen to a lot of files i downloaded from pro mods.

Callipso
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2017 00:14

I'm not sure why you mention sharemods, they have nothing to do with ProMods file downloads. I can vouch that those downloads do have problems stopping from time to time though it may be related to corrupted upload files or maybe just their server setup. ProMods is completely independent of those servers.

cove87

10 Nov 2017 14:47

I tried to download map pack (7 parts), 4 of them were downloading at once because it's faster that way and my connection can certainly hold 200 kbps for all of the 7 parts. Then I tried to download another one and I got instantly blocked so I can't download anymore. :oops:

Anyway, I saw that max number of parts that are allowed to be downloaded at once is 3, I didn't see that notification on time, so, my bad. Will you please unlock me, I need that companies and trailer pack so bad. Pweety please?

Vøytek
Developer

10 Nov 2017 15:11

You'll be allowed to download again after some time passes. Just wait patiently ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information