[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Trucker2223
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 13:09

Steam Workshop don't allow any maps to be uploaded and it would kill their Servers if a new Version comes out and 10000 of people would try to download it at the same time.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

tonnestar4

20 Oct 2019 13:44

I can not download it as well The same problem.

CarlusSilva

20 Oct 2019 14:06

michaelmurfy wrote:
20 Oct 2019 12:33
CarlusSilva wrote:
20 Oct 2019 12:25

Still "You've been limited".
I already tried to use Microsft Edge but it's the same thing.

And what do you mean by "a single hit from you"?
hit = download attempt. I can now see multiple requests from Google Chrome as well as a single request from Edge to a different backend server (so it isn't us).

There is something on your computer preventing the download. Don't happen to have a third party Antivirus or Firewall (other than Windows Defender built into Windows 10)? I can not really help any more, I can see the requests getting through successfully but either Cloudflare or the servers are not liking what you're doing so you're getting limited straight away. You can always use the paid option (no, we're not forcing you to use this). Read the FAQ's for more as this is related to you - https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256
Right now I'm only using Windows Defender, so I don't know what is happening either. I'll probably use the paid option.
Thank you for trying to help me! :D

luxk
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 15:03

This is an issue i've had for hours now, it did let me download the 7th file but it still won't let me download the 6th one

edward.parry.9210

20 Oct 2019 15:31

Hi i cannot actually ever download promods free it always says that im exceeding the 2 download threads per user limit even if i am not downloading anything, Also i cannot use the paid download as i cannot afford to (i dont have a paypal account or a card) please can you get back to me with some kind of working solution.

imme0

20 Oct 2019 18:30

i can not download anything. The download never starts!
Attachments
pro.jpg
pro.jpg (149.41 KiB) Viewed 828 times

Titanic4

20 Oct 2019 19:20

imme0, are you sure that the download hasn't started? The progress bar on Opera's taskbar icon shows that something is actually loading up, or something is getting downloaded.

Also, is there any reason why the site keeps me from downloading 3rd file out of 7 needed on the free download system? I think the system, which determines amount of currently used download threads is quite unreliable.

DoranYT

20 Oct 2019 22:11

My download isn't working. I can download the def file just fine but when i try to download mod files it says i exceeded the donwload limit, although i haven't downloaded a file from the promods site for more than 3 weeks. Any help? i read that text that says that if i keep trying to download the mod i will get temp-banned my IP. Am i banned or something? Also, just so you know, i am trying to download the mod from my HOME network, and there are no other computers connected to it.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 23:06

Of all the replies since my last reply I've checked the logs of each individual and can see attempts within seconds of each other meaning the servers are flagging active requests. They're restricting based off this, but this also means you've got something on your PC that is causing this to happen.

I see the major 3 browsers - Chrome, Edge and Firefox v68

In this time, the servers have successfully been processing downloads for many other people and are not at capacity. I've also been unable to replicate the issue myself.

Please ensure:
1) You're only using Windows Defender as your antivirus of choice. Many others will interfere with the download (and having only Windows Defender is actually safer than many other alternatives).
2) There is nobody else on your network, or IP address downloading at the same time.
3) Read the FAQ for the rest: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256

The system is somewhat reliable, but a little grumpy under severe load like it has been for the last 2 days.
Promods Server Administrator

ScuL
Founder

21 Oct 2019 04:16

imme0 wrote:
20 Oct 2019 18:30
i can not download anything. The download never starts!
enable javascript
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information