Thanks, ProMods!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ETS2-User
Developer

12 Sep 2017 14:50

RootlessAgrarian wrote:
11 Sep 2017 18:22
and once again I wish there were some way from the console to find out whose work I am passing through! devs should be able to "initial" their work somehow -- fine print on a road sign, graffiti on a rock, or something similar?
We do have some ProMods signs and a quote for some developers that we like to hide here or there, but in many cases it's not just one developer who is to be given credit. Quite often someone else does the signage work or upgrades older parts of the map. An obvious example is said easter egg road, which was a cooperation between Ivan and me.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

henrypowers

13 Sep 2017 14:10

I wish to express my regards and thanks to the administration of this site for providing a wonderful platform to learn and have fun. Its really amazing to express yourself and get to know more about yourself and the people around.
Great....
Keep it up......
ММой питомник шотландских вислоухих http://bastet.in.ua/

bromstarzan
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2017 22:11

I just started to explore the northern Scandinavia and RusMap that provides beautiful scenery, simply astonishing. The "Nordkalotten" with Honningsvåg and northern territories blew my mind. Very good atmosphere, comparable to the outstanding Iceland addition.
When driving those Russian roads back to Finland it was quite striking how real it felt due to the road banks made there. Well done RusMap! Some really good eyecandy scattered in both ProMods and RusMap.

Cheers,
Broms

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2017 23:38

I just travelled the new road from Hamar to Trondheim via Otta etc, then on to Ostersund. Very nice, particularly the first third or so of the route which features quite lavish, realistic vegetation with lots of variety and some wind movement. I note the vegetation gets suitably more boreal as I travel North (yay!), and there are some good convincing rock faces. Also seeing roof textures with some reflectivity, a nice new feature. Didn't spend any time in the towns along the way as it was a first recon. The waterfall (to left of roadway as I was travelling) with appropriate SFX is a treat! Some good birdsongs too. I really encourage devs to enrich the world with ambient SFX; when you stop the truck and/or "get outside" the realism is much enhanced by seagulls, wind, land birds, moose calling, water sounds etc.

Anyway the Hamar/Trondheim road is going into my Baedeker's ETS2 guide :-) it is especially pretty in the late afternoon/evening, with long tree shadows sweeping across the road. Congrats to the landscape architect(s)!
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2017 05:22

I found the easter egg :-) what can I say: AWESOME. The waterfall seems a little ethereal :-) and what a pity it's a dead end not a through road, but those are minor niggles.
wowza what a beauty. Love the topography, the veg, the whole thing is gorgeous. Bravo! Encore! mosdef going on the Baedekers list.
USBcycle

mads1153
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 15:49

You could edited your own post instead double post due to forum rules unless other people post to this topic after your post...
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.2.5a
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5227,8 hours
ATS: Level 46 and played 796,3 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2017 19:53

oops sorry
USBcycle

Helmax

27 Sep 2017 08:14

I have just started to play with ProMods, and have also from here, a big thanks for those who make this very good map. And if you in the future could connect Honningsvåg and Trondheim at the norwegian side it would be perfect, but that is not a big deal if this not is planned. :)

kosha

27 Sep 2017 14:40

Just had a trip from Manchester to Galway and I have to congratulate you guy's on the scenery it was excellent ,you should be proud of what you give us.Thank You.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Sep 2017 15:22

RootlessAgrarian wrote:
17 Sep 2017 23:38
Anyway the Hamar/Trondheim road is going into my Baedeker's ETS2 guide :-) it is especially pretty in the late afternoon/evening, with long tree shadows sweeping across the road. Congrats to the landscape architect(s)!
It's actually done by two people. Trondheim is mine, as well as the whole road down to Otta. From Otta, Callum took over all the way down to Oslo. But would you have guessed that these areas were done by two different people? ;)

Glad you like it.
Helmax wrote:
27 Sep 2017 08:14
I have just started to play with ProMods, and have also from here, a big thanks for those who make this very good map. And if you in the future could connect Honningsvåg and Trondheim at the norwegian side it would be perfect, but that is not a big deal if this not is planned. :)
It's still in the long term planning, but we need to build the towns along the route too, like Alta, Tromsø, Narvik and Mo i Rana. We still need to traverse a lot of sectors until we connect both ends.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information