2.18 & doubles

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Stuferus

19 Aug 2017 22:05

a bit offtopic jimortality.. but you have to turn on the reverse parking via config or console: g_simple_parking_doubles 0 (thats a zero)
then you have to find a place that has the space to do and allow it..

i cant tell you how to drive it to reverse park it. sry.

back to my topic please.

Edit:
metpei wrote:
19 Aug 2017 21:07
Don't use old mods in game 1.28, update: http://jazzycat.ucoz.net/
Also all trailer mods you use need to be compatible with doubles and updated.
thanks i know the link.. there is no new version for the cargo pack right now.. so you say i cant/shouldnt play till he updates everything? that s**ks :D

thank you :)
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 20 Aug 2017 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-2c

harm27
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2017 22:09

Doubles aren't meant to be reversed in this game.
Not sure how they would do that in IRL.

metpei

19 Aug 2017 22:13

Nobody can't do that without practice.

Cbrady40

19 Aug 2017 22:18

Dont use any trailer mods and dont see doubles either...I could try removing all my other mods (truck mods, dashboard mods, engine mods, ect.) but I doubt that would cause doubles not to spawn in the first place as they spawned on default map.

Stuferus

19 Aug 2017 22:19

@harm27 i done it in the beta but i can not discripe it. its possible with any kind of double that has max 2 pivot points!

@metpei indeed.. i will drink tee and wait :)

ismailscania

19 Aug 2017 22:39

Legally doubles are allowed in Scandinavia that's why you can't find them in other countries. And also doubles are compatible with Promods 2.18.. Happy trucking...
Headquarters: Istanbul.
Driving Scania S730 (8x4) at the moment.
Level 442 (2.200.000 km + )
Promods + Rusmap + Southern Region.
18 large garages.82 trucks.

metpei

20 Aug 2017 03:39

Also doubles don't fit outside of scandinavia. If you use mod that allows doubles everywhere, you will face spawning errors (like you use F7+enter and trailer is over fence) and too tight ramps and so on.

zyprexia

20 Aug 2017 10:31

jimortality wrote:
19 Aug 2017 21:44
Well I drove a double from Felistowe to somewhere in Denmark! How do you reverse the bloody things???
Very slowly. I am serious here. You need to slowly reverse (I've created a special reverse gear for my custom transmission that I copied over from ATS, where R1 has a ratio of 20.5) and make very subtle movements.
However if, you want to reverse around a corner, you need to steer the 2nd trailer with your 1st trailer, meaning that the tractor needs a bigger radius to get the 1st trailer into the correct position.

However, doubles aren't usually reserved. But this is more a ETS2/ATS thing. Normally a truck driver will also bring back it's trailer. In real life a truck driver will simply decouple one of the two drivers near the destination and only drives further with the trailer that has the cargo for the drop-off. Afterwards the doubles is reassembled again. That why instead of a 12m + 8m trailer, you see more and more 2 10m (city) trailers connected via a link (special kind of dolly). If you disconnect the 2nd trailer, the link can retract fully, so it 5th wheel on the link doesn't stick out anymore. The biggest benefit is that both trailers are two interchangeable.. Also instead of 18m trailer length, you now have 20 meters of length.

The downside of using the link, is that the second trailer is no longer a center axled trailer, meaning that is doesn't exactly follows the path of the first trailer.

I also found a major bug in ETS2 when it comes to doubles. In the EU there are currently three countries where you can drive a double, Norway, Sweden and The Netherlands. However the latter has far more restrictions than the Scandinavian countries. However I had a kob from Linkoping (Sweden) to Kristiansand (Norway) and the ETS2 GPS was trying to send me via Denmark (via two ferries) which is not allowed. To be fair, this also happens in most real life trucking software and most trucking software does not support articulated trailers and will send a double right trough a city center or residential areas (which is also not allowed in Scandinavia).

Curious enough, I yet have to see a second trailer with a steerable axle, like the ones in ATS. Because those a really a B*tch a reverse. I once tried it with a truck (in ETS2 often called a rigids or tandems) with a steerable axle trailer. It took me a whole day to get the hang of it. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is when there is a semi-trailer between the tractor and the steerable axle trailer. The benefit of a trailer with a steerable axle, is that it has a smaller turning radius and follow the exact path of the truck, meaning less wide turns..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 11:02

zyprexia wrote:
20 Aug 2017 10:31
I also found a major bug in ETS2 when it comes to doubles. In the EU there are currently three countries where you can drive a double, Norway, Sweden and The Netherlands. However the latter has far more restrictions than the Scandinavian countries.
It's sad, but true. The only places where doubles are allowed are Denmark, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands and Sweden.

In Belgium, Germany, and Spain (yes Spain) they're still testing them out. Not with much success in some of the countries.

Source:
https://www.evo.nl/site/lzvs-mogen-bene ... %20lzv.pdf {dutch}
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Stuferus

20 Aug 2017 11:20

this is NOT about where they are allowed, this is about a bugged economy and not finding them at all.. which is solved, old jazzycat cargo mod.. replaced it with an other cargopack, works finde.

dear moderator, next time please help to keep this on topic. Please Close or Delete this thread. Thank you.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information