Resting points in cities/highways

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
b200y000

13 Aug 2017 06:31

Hello

My topic was moved to suggest it instead of bug report

So I play ETS 2 with ProMods map and I really love this mod,Europe i much bigger than original map,for example Poland is great and very detailed.

But some other countries have little problem - althrough there are long rodas,there are missing some resting points or gas stations with them,Sometimes it can be seen in the city and the nearest resting point is on the highway so you can´t turn back,for example - city of Helibronn has this exact problem - no resting point, So i suggest to add more resting points on some roads or into cities,I think It will be good improvement of gameplay

metpei

13 Aug 2017 20:15

In RL you need to plan your trip in advance and stay focus on road too to avoid this too.

b200y000

14 Aug 2017 14:11

Yes of cours but in real life you can stop everywhere on some free space next to the road, but in game just on reserved places if you know what i mean

Herdox

14 Aug 2017 14:29

In Germany, there is a problem around Dortmund. There is no rest stop and I have to enter the city to take a nap. But the gas is much more difficult.

zyprexia

14 Aug 2017 15:33

b200y000 wrote:
14 Aug 2017 14:11
Yes of cours but in real life you can stop everywhere on some free space next to the road, but in game just on reserved places if you know what i mean
Even in real life you're not allowed to pull over alongside the road, unless there is an emergency. You can't just pull over and take a nap..

Further more restbreaks and maximum driving hours are set in the 561/2006/EU directive. Failure to comply with these regulations are considered an economical offense and fines are pretty steep (both for the driver and the company).
That is also why most companies have a dispatch department, so drivers know where and when to rest. Unlike in the game, a lot of drivers drive on a schedule provided by the company. This way drivers are utilized in the most effective manner, which is very important for west European companies that have to compete with 'low' wage drivers from east European countries..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

b200y000

17 Aug 2017 06:44

Even in real life you're not allowed to pull over alongside the road, unless there is an emergency. You can't just pull over and take a nap..
I don´t mean just stopping on tge side but on some little parking place for cars(truck,to be exact place reserved for vehicle parking

raceidiot

20 Aug 2018 11:29

I'm bumping this thread because sometimes this has been an issue for me and I'm not sure if it's worth reporting towns with no rest spots whatsoever. As it feels like sometimes this is done in error more than anything else.

One example that comes to mind is Bilbao, which had a petrol station with what looked to be a rest area but no actual marking for one. This was amended in one of the more recent updates. It seems silly to say that not having a single rest area in a large city is for realism. Even just a parking space out of the way somewhere like in one of the Slovenian cities would be fine if there isn't any space for a full hotel or repair/rest prefab.

I understand that smaller towns won't have space for a rest spot and thats fine. But there have been times when I've driven to a decently large (on the game map) town in Germany or Holland and have been unable to rest.

I'm going to say that some of these areas have been fixed, but my main point is should I report a lack of a rest stop as a bug if I come across them?
Beefy gameing rig specs
MB: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Noctua NH-D15 Ram: 32gb DDR4 @3200mhz GPU: NVidia RTX 3080 ti FE Storage: HP EX950 512gb, Crucial MX500 1TB, 3TB WD Red Case: Fractal Design Meshify Compact 2

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information