Why are you using adfly for your free downloads?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
calania

22 Jun 2017 19:47

Hey, I just wonder why you have chosen to use adfly for the free downloads. Beaning afraid of viruses I don't like the site due to their popups and ad. I also think that it makes this site look very unprofessional when getting a popup of a naked lady when downloading your mod. So I just wonder why have you decided to use adfly for free downloads?

Noah_Lukas

22 Jun 2017 19:56

I'm not sure but I think not in every country you get navigated to an adf.ly site and for the problem with the ads, it isn't promods's fault ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Callipso
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2017 20:48

calania wrote:
22 Jun 2017 19:47
Hey, I just wonder why you have chosen to use adfly for the free downloads. Beaning afraid of viruses I don't like the site due to their popups and ad. I also think that it makes this site look very unprofessional when getting a popup of a naked lady when downloading your mod. So I just wonder why have you decided to use adfly for free downloads?
Its like this, the only way to reasonable give you a way to download the mod without having to pay for it is to use a file hosting site like Zippyshare. That site needs to make revenue to keep its lights on and continue to provide the service for its users, thus they resort to allowing advertising sites like Ad.fly to provide them with that income. Since this is the choice of Zippyshare to show Ad.fly's advertisements it is not one that has anything to do with ProMods.

If you wish to not see adverts or popups I'd suggest you look into browser add-ons like Add-Block/AdGuard, Ghostery, and U-block Origin and many other options that can protect you from ever seeing pop--ups, ads, scripts, and prevent your data from being tracked. Those are some good starting options that will stop you from seeing those naked ladies ;)

ScuL
Founder

22 Jun 2017 23:41

This subject comes up regularly and our stance is that it's the best way to sponsor the free download. If you are annoyed by it please use the paid service instead, for further information you can use the forum search on this subject.

Thanks
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information