Hovering buildings, mid-air trees, and hills across the road. What am I doing wrong?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MattJkt

17 Jun 2017 04:01

Dear all,

I've successfully downloaded all the components for ProMods, and --having checked the load order and having found a myriad of options-- tried a few load orders in a new profile, based in Dortmund. Everything I try ends in the same dreamlike (or nightmarelike) surroundings: buildings hovering in the air in much the same way that bricks don't, roads that have hills across them (which seem no hindrance to AI traffic, but when I drive on I get up the hill, and down a twenty-metre abyss on the other end, [F7], back to the dealer, try again), trees that happily grow in the sky, and lakes all across a German city I know to have little open water. I have checked, and neither I nor my computer are high on LSD or mushrooms; and so I come to the conclusion I must be doing something wrong.

But what?

Help...

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2017 04:48

Would you by chance be using a Real Company mod of some sort?
A rather well known one (unfortunately) contains map sectors which conflict with ProMods has done and may result in what you are describing.
If you aren't using any mods besides ProMods, then I don't know what the issue is.

It would be best if you posted your complete game log so that someone may be able to spot what the problem is.

MattJkt

17 Jun 2017 06:33

Dear KrysEmlyn,

Thanks for your reaction. I have now downloaded a few extra things (Balkans, southern regions) and have followed in great detail the ProMods prescribed load order. I am now trying to make my first delivery (in an underpowered Volvo which I had to manoeuvre out of a gravel pit, quite the challenge) and so far, things look hopeful. No flying trees, no floating buildings, and the hills appear to honour the boundaries of the road.
Supposing things do get LSD-infused again, how do I _get_ a game log? It seems quite useful if I should like to post one.

Again, thanks for your help!

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2017 08:19

Matt,

Here's a link to the article in the Bug Reports forum, which gives the location of the game.log.txt file that you will most likely be asked for when reporting a bug, crash, or other oddities to this website: https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=939.

Bug reports should be posted to the Bug Report Forum: https://promods.net/viewforum.php?f=29.
Crashes and other issues should be posted to the Gameplay Issues Forum: viewforum.php?f=28.

MattJkt

20 Jun 2017 06:56

Thank you so much! Sorry: I was away from the site for a while. I have Hubby and dad duties.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information