"Confirmed" cities [2.10]

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Callipso
Donation rank:

10 Jul 2016 23:37

yes, getting everyone all hyped about the new cities can be a problem if there is a problem, then people will be complaining about not seeing the town they were expecting to see. There are too many variables to guarantee that all the cities will function as intended. Don't buy into hype as you could be disappointed in the end.

Vøytek
Developer

10 Jul 2016 23:55

Devs show screenshots of progress because some users have to see something new to believe that devs are working on the map. They're too hyped about this map. Don't you like surprises? Maybe an experiment should be done? No spoiling anything between 2.1 and 2.2 release ;) That would be interesting test for some guys here.
Anyway, as I said somewhere else - ProMods team doesn't promise that certain city or road will appear. It should appear if it's ready but it can be postponed for many reasons, as Callipso said. I know that all of you won't understand it (because they ignore many things said on this forum ;)) but I hope that there won't be any rude words for not filling the "promises", after 2.1 is released.
We all want new stuff to be ingame but sometimes bad things just happen so remember that it's ready when it's ready.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2016 04:25

I am totally for such an experiment. I already say we share far too much since I first became part of the team.
Yes, I agree showing your work will give valuable feedback and information about the country you're developing. But it also spoils the fun of a new version a bit.

I vote yes for such an experiment.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2016 08:55

ok... I'll not make such topic between 2.10 & 2.20.....
Zniwek wrote:I think that you should also note which cities are new and which are rebuilt to make it clear.
It's done Already as there are two lists "New Cities (37)" & "Rebuild (7)"
ETS2-User wrote:No, let us not make this a tradition. We had problems with such lists before. Just a few weeks before release it might be alright to make such lists, but you and we never know what could happen. So no city is 100% confirmed until it's actually released.
Fixed - I putted "quotes" for "confirmed" to show that it's not entirely "confirmed" & are the subject to change (like Madrid is not in the list because of Performance issue)

@Volleybal4life, is with new "Note" about "no guaranteed cities" better? :)
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Jul 2016 09:35

You can actually be pretty sure that this list is quite accurate. All these confirmed cities are in beta now and we really planning to release. The cities that are not on the list are either not finished yet or are postponed to another release.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2016 09:45

Anyways I fixed an error when I putted Isle of Man cities under UK... As I checked that Isle of Man is not a part of U.K.
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Vøytek
Developer

11 Jul 2016 11:19

AssassinLV wrote: It's done Already as there are two lists "New Cities (37)" & "Rebuild (7)"
Yeah, my bad, I realized it later when I took another look on it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 10:14

Zniwek wrote:Devs show screenshots of progress because some users have to see something new to believe that devs are working on the map. They're too hyped about this map. Don't you like surprises? Maybe an experiment should be done? No spoiling anything between 2.1 and 2.2 release ;) That would be interesting test for some guys here.
Anyway, as I said somewhere else - ProMods team doesn't promise that certain city or road will appear. It should appear if it's ready but it can be postponed for many reasons, as Callipso said. I know that all of you won't understand it (because they ignore many things said on this forum ;)) but I hope that there won't be any rude words for not filling the "promises", after 2.1 is released.
We all want new stuff to be ingame but sometimes bad things just happen so remember that it's ready when it's ready.
I'm not, and I'm sure many people would be against that. I actually enjoy checking the forum once a day for some progress, and if I don't see anything for a longer period, I get disinterested. It also provides constructive criticism for devs, if anything is short of outstanding quality - usually it's perfect, but I haven't drove a mile of Moldova for instance, since I first went there.

I hope Czech Republic rebuild is picked up after 2.1.

You could always change the wording of the topic to "Speculated unconfirmed list of cities for 2.10"... or just not be so bothered about it? :roll: I enjoyed this list for 2.0, and it's nice to see it for 2.1, as you have a rough idea of what will be added after a lengthy wait.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 11:14

I agree on the fun of this kind of topic, but I strongly dislike what happened here. ProMods devs should never 'confirm' anything in this topic.
It's more fun to see what you guys discover and think yourselves.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

AxelRäntilä
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 11:20

Volleybal4life wrote:I agree on the fun of this kind of topic, but I strongly dislike what happened here. ProMods devs should never 'confirm' anything in this topic.
It's more fun to see what you guys discover and think yourselves.
Even outside of cities, there a multiple of things to discover on the roads. So even if cities are "confirmed" beforehand, there are still several details to discover on the roads

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information