Map history archive?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2017 18:59

I could kick myself for not doing this already for the last year and more.

Has anyone saved screen captures of the ETS2 (with promods!) map across version changes? I would love to see a history of the ever-expanding open world.

After Steam rolls out an upgrade and PM catches up, I am often wondering "was that road there before? is that new? or did I just not get around to exploring it yet?" But there is no easy and quick way to diff the previous rev with current rev, only my fallible human memory.

So if anyone has been smarter than I am, and has been keeping an archive of the world map over the last N revisions, could you share? or point me to it, if the archive already exists?
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Apr 2017 19:14

I believe brainiac has done something like this before...
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

brainiac
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2017 22:00

How did you know?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Vøytek
Developer

26 Apr 2017 22:04

Because you included them in your mod?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

brainiac
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2017 22:11

That was changelog in my mod, but yes, on computer, in same folder I have map history. But, as I am with Promods from 2.0, I just could screenshot current map (of 2.0) and draw in yellow changelogs through versions, following compatibility page.
How ETS2 user did know this?

Rootless, do you like statistic?
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2017 20:35

Wow, sounds like just what I was hoping for, "drawing in yellow changelogs through versions"! exactly!

I wasn't interested so much in statistics (how many km of roads, percentages, etc) as I was in a "blink compare" type map. If I could just rub the magic lamp and the genie would grant my wishes... then I'd love to see a web interface displaying the world map, say starting at SCS official 1.20 or similar; then push a button to add a DLC of matching version (going east, scandinavia), then push another button to add ProMods of the matching version. Then push a "forward" button to step to version 1.21 of SCS and the other mods step automatically, showing how the map grows over time... with ability to add and subtract mod maps via buttons. It would make an awesome promotional video actually, a timelapse animation of the steadily growing map!

As I describe this I realise it really is a bit of a tall order :-) It just bugs me that I know the map is growing, but I don't know exactly how much and where -- I think I remember there wasn't a road here before, but in order to check that memory I have to roll back a version (hassle, hassle). I guess I could spend a couple of days doing rollbacks and screenshots of the map, reconstruct the history -- but I was hoping someone else had been doing it all along. If I could just get acces to a series of screenshots of the map changing over time, that would make me quite happy!
USBcycle

brainiac
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 09:47

I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 19:57

Wow! Thanks brainiac! Those images are documentary proof of the astonishing devel effort put into ProMods. I think everyone should take a look at them!

Looks like the underlying map never changes (no documentation of SCS progress or scale of their DLCs)... I wonder if SCS has any such change-logs, & if they could be combined. I would love to do a mini animation clip :-) anyway, many thanks, those are really great images, fun and inspiring to look at. I suggest you start a perma-thread and post a new one with each release! or update the zipfile periodically. It really is a wonderful view of the sim world over time.
USBcycle

brainiac
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 21:48

Thank you. Probably I will update zip file.
Underlying map is same because I am with Promods 2.0, so I don't have map for earlier versions. It will be changed for 2.2.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2017 09:01

If you're using Steam, you could roll back your version to the compatible older version of ETS2, download the corresponding ProMods map, and make the screenshots
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information