Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
flight8050

21 Apr 2020 01:18

Nico wrote:
05 Feb 2020 19:32
Well in the first version the highlight will probably be the coquihalla highway, which is not only exactly in the middle of the map but also absolutely mindblowing. Im still amazed by how well we were able to represent it on the map and it will give you guys a first taste of mountains in ATS by ProMods.
The mountains is what excites me the most. I will get my first crack as seeing what ProMods is all about considering I don't play ETS2 enough to find out from its ProMods project. The new pics and new teaser video of Canada is awesome. A whole year worth of progress, congrats indeed. It will all be worth the wait I am sure.

As I stated on the ATS forum, option B & C are out of the running for me. Its all or nothing. Going as planned, option A is perhaps the best route and least stressful as getting 1.00 off the ground, would be weight off the shoulders. Obviously option D is the most attractive but people are licking their lips for this mod. I been pumped about ProMods Canada since it was posted on the ATS forum a year ago. I frequently talk about this mod as I never lost hype either. There will be future updates. Many in fact. So it really won't hurt to just go with the planned option A and the rest comes later. Whether option D comes as an update by itself, or if Vancouver Island or something else comes with it, no matter what comes, it will all be welcomed.

Frozen1

21 Apr 2020 11:46

My heart screams for ajungrei93's work. I remember when he started Barents Sea. He is probably the best guy for sightseeing.

But... I really want to taste the ProMods in ATS finally. So I do believe the perfect balance will be either plan A or plan B.
Can't wait!
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0

NickInCanada

21 Apr 2020 15:53

Well I just have to say I’m amazed. The teaser had my attention right at that border crossing and then for the rest of the video.

I think Option A should be opted for for two reasons:

1. This was what was originally planned. Until this news came out we didn’t think we’d get anymore than that and I’m still happy with just that. It’s not like Option A would be an unfinished version. Considering that most of the extra map is done, that can easily be added to another update or come in it’s own small update and we can skip B and C.

2. Many of us are bored and need something new to do sooner than later. If Option A means it comes out sooner, that’s better in my opinion.

Through all of this I did notice something that raises a question for me. Option A shows BC Highway 15 as an option once across the border and the other options all show the Highway 17 SFPR as the alternate option to the 99. Am I right to assume the B/C/D alignment with the SFPR is the one we will get and option A’s picture was just before that was finalized? It makes more sense in the long run to have the SFPR in the game as it is the way to get to the Twassen terminal. Oh how I’d love to see Deltaport in the map too when that day comes. I also noticed that B/C/D have the US-97 south of Penticton to Tonasket and A doesn’t. Is that also because A is an older image?

Canadianman26

21 Apr 2020 20:59

This all looks amazing. Hoping that we may get to see it by end of year (but wont be disappointed if not). Thanks for all your hard work!

benpiller

22 Apr 2020 08:48

Awesome Job!! My vote goes for plan A. It will enable the team to work more calmly on future updates, and hopefully the inpatient "fans" won't bombard the team with their demands.

Xoryx
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2020 10:19

In my opinion D

Elmek38

22 Apr 2020 11:18

Looks really good. Option A is my option.

thm57
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2020 14:27

As much as I would like option D I think A is the way to go.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2020 20:09

NickInCanada wrote:
21 Apr 2020 15:53
Option A shows BC Highway 15 as an option once across the border and the other options all show the Highway 17 SFPR as the alternate option to the 99.
There wont be any difference when it comes to the borders in any of the options. We will have three in total:
BC-11, BC-15 and BC-97.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Canadianman26

22 Apr 2020 20:48

I am in favour of Option D despite it taking the longest.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information