Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Immo

01 Aug 2019 22:51

Woo! Been wanting to expand my ATS world, and the other map mods don't appeal to my the same way ProMods does. Loving the ETS mod and I'm super excited for the ATS mod!
Moderator for the /r/trucksim subreddit and owner of the /r/trucksim Discord server.

Ruward
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2019 16:55

About the border, I heard people say that driving out of the US is not a big deal. However, entering the US is quite strict.
I am wondering if this is true, and if true, would it be recognizable in game?

Shiva

06 Aug 2019 18:09

I think Canadians might take their time checking cars/trucks sometimes.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

vulchor
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2019 13:57

Ruward, it is true that the US side is much much much more difficult. When I went up North to Winnipeg last time they tore apart my car on the way back. Everybody is dressed in camoflage BDUs, there is a machine gun rack on the wall, everyone is armed, the US border office is like a prison or bunker, and they put you in a room that is like a cell or interogation room, make you take off some of your clothes, your belt, your shoes, and sit and wait with no word on what is happening, there are no windows in the room. Very freaky. And I'm a US citizen. It didn't used to be like that before 9-11 at all. There was no hassle at all before. I used to go to Canada all the time as a kid with my folks or friends when I lived in Detroit, it was no fuss.

On the opposite side, the Canadians were friendly, professional, dressed in suits or business casual, the border office is like a nice business. Absolutely night and day. The Canadian side is what you would expect of a civilized nation, the US side is like a military dictatorship.

dkokales
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2019 16:12

It is generally more difficult entering the US than entering Canada. I never had Vulchor’s experience though. Just takes longer and they may check under your car with mirrors and ask you to open the trunk. They can’t treat every car like they did Vulchor’s and must have had some reason to do that. Perhaps not a legitimate reason, but some reason. Only time I ever had a similar experience was actually entering Canada. At the time I was entering Canada weekly for job reasons, and after entering about 6 weeks in a row, tbey took me into a room for questioning. Seemed to be mostly concerned if I was taking a job away from a Canadian.

bricksathome
Developer

11 Aug 2019 20:00

It's been a while since any progress has been shown, so here's something new!

BC-97 near Swan Lake just north of Vernon!
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Canadianman26

11 Aug 2019 23:59

Thank you! So very excited for this.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 12 Aug 2019 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote replies directly above yours.

flya00

12 Aug 2019 00:46

Hi, everyone. I live in BC so I would be able to help with this project, in fact I am going to Okanagan soon for a trip and I could take pictures if you would like and I could also help with the area from Hope to Vancouver as well. My location on ProMods is just where my family is from but I actully live in BC.

xiuxiuyi

19 Aug 2019 03:07

I hope that ProMods ATS will expand all of the Americas except the United States, including South America. Come on!

TROPtastic
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2019 05:54

That would take a very long time and could also overlap with other teams (eg. the various Mexico mods). Canada is large enough by itself that Promods has lots of areas that they can choose to model.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information