Corrupted Files - Addons

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
GTanz
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2019 20:01

:arrow: First of all, I wanted to check everything I could before posting this. And I don't know if the post is in the right place, so apologies if not.
It started with instant crash when loading the profile in the game. Then I started to uncheck the mods one by one until I noticed which one was causing the problem, then started without those mods, and then only with those mods. Let's say that the problem was with the three addons of ProMods. Then checked if it was corrupt or something outside the game. And yes, some of the files were corrupted, the assets most of all or the big files (the def files are fine).

I thought it was an extraction problem, and tried again, then a download problem so I downloaded again, and again... but no. It was still saying "file unknown or corrupt", I double checked with both WinRAR and 7-ZIP (both up to date). The fact is, that if the download (.7z) became corrupt, suddenly finnish because of connection problems, I couldn't even be able to open the .7z file, but I can open/extract bot the 7z and the other .SCS (like the def).

The problem appears to be the assets.SCS. Let's say for example "promods-tcp-v123.7z" (85,509MB): I can open/extract with bot WinRAR and 7-zip some of the files like "promods-tcp-def-trailers-main-v123.SCS"(172KB), but I can't do anything with "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS"(3.770MB), It gives me "file unknown or corrupt" with WinRAR and "can't open file as a compressed archive" with 7-zip. I tried yesterday and today in different times of the day, in three different web browsers, and with and without antivirus checked. But I get the same size of the file, and the same corrupt files.

I don't know if necessary to post the log file, since the problem inside the game is a corrupted scs file. But if you need it just ask for it. I will gladly accept any option I haven't checked, though I'm still trying to fix it by downloading it again.
I don't know if I can ask for this, but if someone could upload the files and PM me, I could check if it's a server problem. I haven't had that kind of problems on older versions.

Detail: The version of the addon is 1.23 but in the mod list the image says 1.20.. And it's the only addon of that type in mods folder. Don't know if that helps.
Detail2: I can play normally with ProMods. The problem are just the addons files.

Vøytek
Developer

10 Aug 2019 20:23

GTanz wrote:
I can't do anything with "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS"(3.770MB), It gives me "file unknown or corrupt" with WinRAR and "can't open file as a compressed archive" with 7-zip.
Why do you want to do anything with .scs files? TCP archives are locked, just like PM files. There's no difference.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

GTanz
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2019 20:30

Vøytek wrote:
10 Aug 2019 20:23
GTanz wrote:
I can't do anything with "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS"(3.770MB), It gives me "file unknown or corrupt" with WinRAR and "can't open file as a compressed archive" with 7-zip.
Why do you want to do anything with .scs files? TCP archives are locked, just like PM files. There's no difference.
I mean I can't open it, or extract it. Cause it says that is corrupted..

Vøytek
Developer

10 Aug 2019 20:44

I think 85,509MB you mentioned is the full size of this .7z file, so it's not corrupted. Extract it and you have 6 .scs files. Place them in your mod folder.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

GTanz
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2019 21:32

Vøytek wrote:
10 Aug 2019 20:44
I think 85,509MB you mentioned is the full size of this .7z file, so it's not corrupted. Extract it and you have 6 .scs files. Place them in your mod folder.
The .7z file itself it's not corrupted, I can open it and extract all 6 of the SCS files. That's why I think it's not a download problem, server lost connection or something. The problem are some of the SCS files inside them, for example the one I said on the post: "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS" which size is 3.770.303kb. If I try to open or extract it I get an error saying it's corrupted. And if I try ProMods and those addons only, I get a crash.

That's why I asked (If It's allowed), If someone with the same file, maybe different size of file, and no "corrupt-error", could upload in another server, and PM me. I know it's not allowed to share on other places, but in my case I don't know what else can I do..

Vøytek
Developer

10 Aug 2019 21:39

As I said - you can't open/extract those .scs files, because they're locked...

And if your game is crashing, then we need to see your game.log to investigate.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Davyddin
Donation rank:

GTanz wrote:
The problem are some of the SCS files inside them, for example the one I said on the post: "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS" which size is 3.770.303kb. If I try to open or extract it I get an error saying it's corrupted.
You are not supposed to open or extract them (they are locked); you are supposed to put them in you mod folder and enable them in the mod manager.
GTanz wrote:
if I try ProMods and those addons only, I get a crash
If so, please provide the game log from after such a crash!
GTanz wrote:
upload in another server, and PM me
This is illegal; please do not solicit such behaviour.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

GTanz
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2019 00:01

Ok, I think I got it. I downloaded all again, and now I can open/extract some of the .SCS files (as a sign they are not corrupt), and some of them have a slighty difference in size when I extract them. I will check them out when I get back..

Added in 5 minutes 49 seconds:
Davyddin wrote:
GTanz wrote:
The problem are some of the SCS files inside them, for example the one I said on the post: "promods-tcp-trailers-v123.SCS" which size is 3.770.303kb. If I try to open or extract it I get an error saying it's corrupted.
You are not supposed to open or extract them (they are locked); you are supposed to put them in you mod folder and enable them in the mod manager.
GTanz wrote:
if I try ProMods and those addons only, I get a crash
If so, please provide the game log from after such a crash!
GTanz wrote:
upload in another server, and PM me
This is illegal; please do not solicit such behaviour.
1. I just download them and open them, I don't know why I can then.. But do that to check if no error appears (so i skip the crash when I'm playing).
2. I already overwrite the archives with the new download recently, I will test with those later, if no crash appears it won't be necessary!
3. Ok.

Added in 7 hours 19 minutes 26 seconds:
Ok, I managed to get it to work. As I said in the other comment, just redownloaded until getting the solution. Odd thing though, cause the .7z was never corrupted. I guess the 20th try solved it. :roll:
Anyway, that's it, apologies for this useless post. If pleased, a mod can delete it..

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information