Multiple mods work w/o crashing, but can't load a save

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
ViAik

05 Nov 2017 06:29

Hi. Posting here because this seems like the best place to ask.
Summary: I tried installing a bunch of mods (all of which were listed in the load order of compatible maps thread) in a fresh profile, however, it wouldn't let me start the game saying that the save failed to load, even though there aren't any saves - I started the profile brand-new.
My mods are ProMods (including trailers), RusMap, Southern Region, and The Great Steppe. I made sure to download every file required and follow all instructions. I placed all mods in the exact order described in the thread on this forum and triple-checked it. I then put some BlessRNG's in a local Twitch chat and started the brand-new game.
The loading screen went fine, and I got through the control set-up screen. However, I never got to be in an actual truck. I was given this screen.
I couldn't proceed any further, had to press the X and quit the game from the profile selection screen.
Here's my game log: https://pastebin.com/pgz58HKU
And, just for your convenience, my mod loading order: https://imgur.com/UnXjI8Q
If it matters, I'm running the 64bit version on Windows 10.

Also, it's possible that I did somehow miss a mod or two, or did something wrong. Please ELI5 since I'm not an expert on this, and thanks!

UPD: The game worked fine with only ProMods. It also worked when I added RusMap and ordered the mods differently than in the thread described above. Adding other mods brought the problem back no matter what the order. I did try making a new profile, everything was the same. Any idea on what to do? I really, really want to play with all of them, they're exciting. Thanks!

Vøytek
Developer

06 Nov 2017 01:33

I think you have to add mods one by one and see which one is the culprit to be sure. It'll be hard to guess for us.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ViAik

06 Nov 2017 01:53

Vøytek wrote:
06 Nov 2017 01:33
I think you have to add mods one by one and see which one is the culprit to be sure. It'll be hard to guess for us.
Is there a specific set of orders I would have to use for each combination of mods? As I already said, I had the exact same issue when I had just RusMap and ProMods, but when I arranged them differently, it worked fine.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2017 02:29

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14523

your RusMap def has wrong position.
No Support via PM!

ViAik

06 Nov 2017 04:34

Rudi Raser wrote:
06 Nov 2017 02:29
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14523

your RusMap def has wrong position.
Changed it to its normal spot, nothing changed - still can't load the game.

ViAik

06 Nov 2017 09:17

UPD: I accidentally copied an older version of RusMap into my mods folder. After updating it, everything worked fine. Morale: always check your mods using the i button in the mods list.

Topic solved.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information