ProMods for American Truck Sim?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Purno
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2014 20:16

BebeMischa wrote:I think also, that there will some native fan's of ATS stand up and make some mods. That continent has modders too...
Without doubt. And they could even be part of the ProMods team, or they might form their own team. The future will tell.

Considering most of the current ProMods team is European, I consider it likely they rather stick to Europe. I know I do.

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2014 23:20

I, talking for myself, will even like more, if Promods sticks with Europe. Its a fantastic piece of work and there is a lot posibility to do even more wonders like that.

Getting involved with ATS will, without doubt, change priorities and that will, wanted or not, affect the grow of ETS negatively. Sure about that, as i do know a lot about time management...

So actually i hope, that the magnetic power of new toys to play will not suck up our modders to fly over the Atlantic and letting us here forgotten :-)
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

Sarge

22 Dec 2014 06:13

Since I live in the USA I'm anxious to see something happen in the ATS arena. I would NOT like that to reduce the support for ETS2 though. I really like ETS2 I just want to see an equally powerful and modern game for the US.

Not splitting up the Promods team but maybe adding to it with talent that is not already used for ETS2. Sadly I have no talent. Not for any kind of programming at least.
The Sarge

ScuL
Founder

22 Dec 2014 12:35

Having browsed around the ATS beta I already know a few points I would like to improve, particularly in the area of signage, this is not very complicated to learn and I would happily instruct some "sign planters" :P

One thing that really bugged me is they made a level intersection on I-15 from LA to LV close to Zzyzx road. That should be changed
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Purno
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 19:30

Sarge wrote:Not splitting up the Promods team but maybe adding to it with talent that is not already used for ETS2. Sadly I have no talent. Not for any kind of programming at least.
Currently I don't see a lot of mappers from the US. Perhaps that changes once ATS is released. I do assume ETS2 and ATS have a similar engine, so hopefully a lot of expertise gained from modding ETS2 can be used in ATS as well.

Sarge

27 Dec 2014 14:29

Purno wrote;
Currently I don't see a lot of mappers from the US.
Actually, that makes pretty good sense because I don't see a lot of American users either. My guess is that the proportions of users to Modders is pretty spot on.

I also guess that if the game is promoted widely when ATS comes out, there will be a good increase in American users and that should increase the number of modders as well.
The Sarge

kevmeister

31 Dec 2014 00:20

as a north American truck-driver, I have a particular affinity for north American trucks. from a gaming perspective, ETS2 is made for European trucks (tighter roads, tighter corners=shorter wheelbase trucks). I love that ETS2 is VERY mod friendly (with well-designed mods, that is) compared to Haulin' or any other 18WOS affiliated products. having said that; l REALLY like how your map works so well with ETS2. to be honest, I think you guys should keep working on European map mods (the reason I love what I do is because I am doing what I love; driving trucks) because you do them so well. there will definitely be a north American modder who feels the same way about ATS, that you guys feel about ETS2. I just hope that ATS is as easy to mod, as ETS2 is...

keep on truckin', gentlemen :D

Troyan

03 Jan 2015 16:43

So, will ProMods make expansions for ATS in the future?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Jan 2015 17:59

Probably not the current team. We try to keep our focus on Europe, because that's already a daunting task to get that done...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Horizon™
Developer

03 Jan 2015 18:35

MandelSoft wrote:Probably not the current team. We try to keep our focus on Europe, because that's already a daunting task to get that done...
Maybe after Europe,ProMods will go to Africa(Northern Africa) or Asia. :D What's be very good,but it will be not very soon,because if ProMods will do Africa,will be need to have Southern France and Spain or Southern Italy or Greece :P .
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information