[Map] ATS Oregon Speculation

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
ottdog
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 01:36

Hello fellow truckers,

So a few months ago, I made a little map of all the routes in ATS and tried to guess which towns would be in Oregon for fun.

Later, now that SCS has given us more information, I think that I have a pretty good estimate for what the Oregon DLC would look like. The map is public and open to feedback. What thoughts do you guys have?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uglqx ... sp=sharing

KEY:
Blue = Base game / Free DLC
Orange = Paid DLC
Red = Confirmed/mentioned routes/towns
Black = Extremely likely routes/towns
Dark grey = More likely than not
Middle grey = About 50% chance
Light grey = Unlikely routes/towns

I came up with this idea before I knew the users Volleybal4life and Purno made similar maps for ATS navigation. In fact, I came up with the idea before I was active on this forum. However, I still acknowledge that Volleybal4life came up with the idea for overlaying the ATS map over a real map before me, and Purno before him. I only take credit for adding speculated and confirmed future content as well.

ottdog
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 01:41

Forgot to mention that I plan on updating this as more information is announced. :D

Once Oregon is released, I could turn the grey scale routes into purple scale routes to show my incorrect predictions as well. :lol: Then I'll expand it to speculate for the next DLC.

CptCaribbean

10 Aug 2018 12:41

I think that it would be probably to see (at least as scenario city) Mt Vernon or John Day (one of those but not both) in the junction between U.S. route 395 and 26.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

ottdog
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2018 03:54

I was thinking that as well at first, but the Pendleton to Burn video an unmarked town is shown after the sign for Malheur National Forest. The unmarked town seems to be split into two main sections and does a zig-zag like RT 395 does IRL near those towns. The road sign at 14:53 also says go straight for prairie city, like a sign that would be seen in John day.

Since the unmarked town looks like a combination of MT Vernon and John Day, with road signage consistent with it, I think at least one of them will show up as an unmarked town, but the design of the area doesn't look like something that will be a major location for deliveries.

Then again, I could be wrong and you could laugh at me when the expansion comes out. :lol: The map is still in development after all. I'll make changes to the map reflecting this information.

Shiva

11 Aug 2018 15:11

I have seen Astoria's Columbia River Maritime Museum + Astoria Riverfront Trolley, either on a picture or on a video tour on SCS Headquarters.
It had it ingame and on google maps streetview.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ottdog
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2018 16:21

Could you give me the link to that tour so I can make note of it on the map?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 11 Aug 2018 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Shiva

12 Aug 2018 06:41

Krone visit at SCS.
Google view
There is another shot of Astoria a bit more east of the museum too.
Finally found the exact spot!
1370 E Columbia River Hwy Video.
That spot is West! of the museum.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Qixiwi
Developer
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2018 19:45

It's time to end speculating. Just download ATS beta and open map editor. SCS has just showed us which cities will most likely be in Oregon, Washington and Utah. :)
I like trucking, I like Europe, so that's why I love ProMods!

loupdargent

18 Aug 2018 09:32

if someone dare to share it, will be great, cause i won't be able to open the editor for an indeterminated period ;)

JediCowboy
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 19:51

Oregon
Klamath Falls, Medford, Coos Bay, Eugene, Newport, Salem, Portland, Astoria, Dalles, Bend, Lakeview, Burns, Ontario, Pendelton

Utah
Logan, Vernal, Price, St George, Kanab, Cedar, Moab, Salina, Provo, Orgden, Cedar City, Salt Lake City

Washington
Port Angeles, Bellingham, Everett, Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Yakima Kennewick, Lewiston, Spokane, Coliville, Wanatchee

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information