Has anyone pre-ordered the New Mexico DLC?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
jontsuba
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2017 13:48

CptCaribbean wrote:
24 Oct 2017 10:13
But you will have to pay for the New Mexico DLC? Because it's kind of a scam that ATS already costs 20€ for only 3 states...
An scam? We've paid 20€ for three states each the size of France, Italy and the UK and we've got free updates for one year and a half, a rescale and all future base game (trucks for ex.) for free. Just think the number of work hours needed to create NM (as big as Poland) and put a price to it. Then divide it by the number of hours you will enjoy it and decide accordingly.

As most importantly, if we want this game to reach the East Coast we have to reward the developers accordingly.

CptCaribbean

24 Oct 2017 20:33

New Mexico is as big as Romania and the vanilla ATS map is like the Iberian Peninsula.
Tho I also have to admit that we must reward the devs for their work as it's very difficult but we've got 3 states included in the 20€ and in the USA there are 50 states (one of them Alaska, that doesn't have many roads but we could compare its size with an imaginative square between France - Poland - Denmark - North Italy), without saying that their goal is to also develop Canada and Mexico.
The overall price would be like 900€ (guessing that the price would be 6€ for each state, tho the price should be different i.e. between Texas and Delaware).
IMO, I must say that ATS is way better than ETS2 by graphs-looking. Maybe U shouldn't have used the word "scam", but anyways it's not worth the price. There should be 8 -10 states for free, and then for sure that they should be a payable DLC.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2017 20:48

There might be free expansions in the future. But after one and a half year, SCS needs new income flows. And you shouldn't think about the number of states, just the amount of hours needed to develop an area. After all, there were more than one country in "Going East" and "Scandinavia". And California is as big as all New England, so I don't think they will release a Rhode Island DLC for 10 € :lol: Still, if Instant Gaming is right, is quite a nice deal. Vive la France is at 18 €. And Italy is expected to cost 20 € (according to Instant Gaming)

thm57
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2017 21:55

ETS2 release price was about twice that of ATS for about the same amount of area but not as good graphically so it must have been a bigger scam.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2017 05:47

It isn't scam. What SCS does is called marketing and getting paid for their hard work.

Remember, we get a lot of updates for free. Some updates make the game a lot better/more beautiful. Like the lighting upgrade, we all got that update for free. With ATS 1.29 we'll get new roads for free. With the update prior to DLC Vive la France we got some rebuilds for free.
Such development needs to be paid too.
And yes, the whole ATS map will cost a lot of money whenever it's completed. But if the updates remain free, the map-DLC are fair priced.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Nissantruck

26 Oct 2017 11:04

CptCaribbean wrote:
But you will have to pay for the New Mexico DLC? Because it's kind of a scam that ATS already costs 20€ for only 3 states...
I can understand what you mean,because the Mexico Dlc should be free,because there is only three states available now in the base game and if you think how many different states there are in the Usa,then it would be a good idea to give it as a free Dlc.
They could make more states later and ask money from them,so that the users of the Ats could get more places to drive with out using things like C2C or CanaDream,because they are only copy paste map mods and they dont look good.
I also think that how people could use the copy paste maps then,if they dont buy the Mexico Dlc,because the makers of the copy paste maps would need to make two versions of the map mods and i dont think that they would do that.I could be wrong about that.
I dont think that i will buy the Mexico Dlc and then i probably need to go back to old versions of the Ats everytime,when a new update comes,so that i can keep using the copy paste maps after the Mexico Dlc comes for sale.
I also am not going to buy the Ats Dlc`s,because they will cost too much, especially when there are so many states in the Usa.There is 50 states in the Usa or 47,if you leave the 3 states of from that are in the game now and it would cost a lot of money to pay for them all. :(
Last edited by Nissantruck on 27 Oct 2017 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2017 14:18

First: base ATS isn't much smaller than base ETS2 (ATS: 992 000 km2 ETS2: around 1 000 000 km2) AND the latter reused the UKTS and German Truck Simulator maps.

Second: SCS map expansions aren't normally limited by boundaries but by area covered or number of hours of worked involved. I mean they haven't released just a Denmark DLC because it would be really small and if they would I guess they would have set its price accordingly. What I mean is while western states in the US are big and fit in one DLC, the more to the east the smaller they are.

Let's have a look at SCS DLC's to date:
  • Going East: Western Poland, Slovakia and Northern Hungary - around 300 000 km2 (Release price: 10 €, lowest price: 1.49 €)
  • Scandinavia: Denmark, Southern Norway and Sweden - around 250 000 km2 (Release price: 17.99 €, lowest price: 4.49 €)
  • Vive la France: Eastern France - around 310 000 km2 (Release price: 17.99 €, lowest price: 12.05 €)
  • (Expected) Italia: Southern Italy, Sicily?, Sardinia? - between 150 000 and 200 000 km2 (release price: 20 €? -source: Instant Gaming-)
As you can see, until now we haven't paid for a country but for a fixed amount of hours of work. The price went up since the first DLC, but also SCS has improved its quality and the amount of new models. And of course the number of hours of work and the team behind has grown. On the other hand, New Mexico DLC (according to Instant Gaming) is going to come out at 13 €, much lower than previous expansions. And that's after 1 year and a half out there with lots of free updates.

Third: The total area of ETS2 nowadays is around 2 100 000 km2. It'll grow up to 2 300 000 km2 with Italy. How much will it grow? Maybe Spain and Portugal? That would be another 582 000 km2. There are no other known plans to expand the map anyway. But until now there have been 4 expansions.

On the other hand, everybody is expecting/wishing that SCS build ALL the Contiguous States. Some even wish they build Southern Canada and Mexico and... Only the 48 contiguous states have an area of 7 653 004 km2, more than three times the current ETS2 map. It they keep going with their map expansion model, they need another 20 DLCs to have all the USA mapped (300 000 km2 each)... But there's a lot of work ahead and one should expect to be paid after all.

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2017 14:34

CptCaribbean wrote:
Really? A scam? 20 is really cheap. €10 for a new state is not ezpensive.

Nissantruck

26 Oct 2017 16:19

KyotoCarl wrote:
26 Oct 2017 14:34
CptCaribbean wrote:
Really? A scam? 20 is really cheap. €10 for a new state is not ezpensive.
There is still 46 states left to be done in the Ats after the Mexico Dlc comes out and if you pay 10 Euros a piece for all of them,then it will cost about 460 Euros for all of them.
I do mean if all of the other states will cost that 10 Euros a piece,if not then it could be cheaper or not.
I know that it will take years to do them all,but still that is a lot of money to some people and i will not pay that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Patronus

26 Oct 2017 23:04

I do understand the size and magnitude of the U.S., living there. However, something some of you have not touched on is how sparse the roads and population are here, especially in the Western U.S.. The entirety of the Western U.S. (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, and Hawaii) has a population of around 66 million (and an average of only 49.5 people per square mile). Germany on the other hand, the size of about 1/4 of the W.U.S. has a population of 82 million and 601 people per square mile. In fact, the countries of France, Germany, and Spain could fit quite comfortably inside the W.U.S. and have a combined population of 194 million people.

The east coast, however, is a lot more akin to Europe, with 112 million people living there and a combined size of maybe about 1/2 the W.U.S.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information