ATS Signage Project

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Mooner_37
Donation rank:

03 May 2017 22:38

nice thank you for the update!
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

jontsuba
Donation rank:

10 May 2017 03:15

Just a question: why do mileage signs in California have those horizontal lines separating the different cities? Can't they be like the ones over the road in Arizona, with no lines? Also, have you though about adding exit numbers or more signs?

natvander
Donation rank:

10 May 2017 08:19

Concerning point 5 - Nevada also uses them.

NMCV431

11 May 2017 02:44

jontsuba wrote:
10 May 2017 03:15
Just a question: why do mileage signs in California have those horizontal lines separating the different cities? Can't they be like the ones over the road in Arizona, with no lines? Also, have you though about adding exit numbers or more signs?
I did this because there wasn't a stock template without the lines to put alongside the road, so I had to re-purpose the direction roadside signs for that purpose. I'll certainly create a template without them when I get the chance.

Ironically enough, the Arizona mileage signs overhead aren't realistic, either - they're alongside the road like in California and Nevada. The guide signs, for whatever reason, had a blank board to the right of them (SCS just gave up on that? I dunno), and I didn't want to use the California/Nevada guide signs in Arizona, so I just repurposed the blank side of the sign for the distance numbers instead. I hope both of these consistencies can change now that I've found myself working a bit more closely with the PM crew. LOL

And to answer your question about exit numbers, I'm adding them as we speak. Here's a preview from I-10 in Tucson:Image
Creator, ATS Signage Project (ATS-SP)
ProMods ATS Recruit

NMCV431

11 May 2017 02:52

natvander wrote:
10 May 2017 08:19
Concerning point 5 - Nevada also uses them.
Well, after a quick cross-reference with Google Maps, you're correct. Editing the post to say that. LOL

That makes Nevada the only other state, to my knowledge, that uses them.
ProMods ATS Recruit

jontsuba
Donation rank:

11 May 2017 03:26

From what I saw in a time lapse video following I-80, I-70 and I-15 is that SCS seems to overuse gantry signs when in reality most of the time signs at the side of the road are prefered (for the exits for example) (because they are cheaper) Now when I drive in ATS I feel a bit itchy about the signs. Good work, by the way.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

11 May 2017 04:04

Is there a reason why the map is 637MB in size for just AZ and part of CA?

--EDIT--
Its because you left the autosave and backup directories in it.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

11 May 2017 05:28

ShirBlackspots, thanks for pointing that out. I just trimmed those folders out of my copy. Should make the game load quicker now. :)

benpiller

11 May 2017 19:01

Wooow!! Great work! Stoked_dude mentioned that you'll work together to build the promods ats map. Can't wait to get my hands on that. :D
Just an advice (although it's not related to the signage, but to the promods): if you guys could make the highway exits and merging lanes bigger that would be great. In real life they are so huge, and the lanes are separating really slowly from the highway. in ATS they are just way too small compared to real life.

NMCV431

11 May 2017 23:19

jontsuba wrote:
11 May 2017 03:26
From what I saw in a time lapse video following I-80, I-70 and I-15 is that SCS seems to overuse gantry signs when in reality most of the time signs at the side of the road are prefered (for the exits for example) (because they are cheaper) Now when I drive in ATS I feel a bit itchy about the signs. Good work, by the way.
Oh, absolutely. They waaaaaay over-use signs up on overhead gantries. They're really only found in urban areas, though some Interstates, notably I-75 in south Georgia and north Florida, have highway signs up on overhead gantries in rural areas. This probably owes to I-75's importance as a major shipping/travel route, as that segment connects Miami, Tampa, and Orlando (via FL-91) with Atlanta, and from there across multiple routes to the Midwest.

But in the three (soon to be four) states currently in ATS, signs in rural areas are overwhelmingly on the side of the road. I'm working on reflecting that, and it's something you'll definitely be seeing before long.
ProMods ATS Recruit

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information