After New Mexico, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

Which state would you like after New Mexico?

Poll ended at 01 Feb 2018 19:25

Utah
26%
Texas
37%
Oregon
36%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 870
RMS Gigantic

31 Aug 2017 14:18

Just about any direction is a good one: Texas would introduce players to a new climate in the eastern part of the state, along with the nation's only 85 mph posted speed limit, a famous stack interchange in Dallas, and more of Route 66. Texas would also be the start of the game bridging the Atlantic and the Pacific, sea to shining sea, even though it's not the full width of the country. Utah would make Nevada faster to cross by linking I-15 with I-80, would be the start of the Rocky Mountains in-game, and would be further fleshing out the tiny bit of Monument Valley currently visible in-game when you circumvent the barrier in Kayenta. Idaho, too would introduce the Rockies, and would enable players to drive all the way from the Mexican border to the Canadian border thanks to US 95. Oregon would add more coast line, introduce excellent new scenery via the Redwood trees, and, as some players are itching for, introduce a state with virtually no desert.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2017 04:54

Mind you, that 85mph speed limit is only on I-10 between El Paso and Midland, as well as SH-130, the newest toll road from Houston to Austin, if I remember correctly.

RMS Gigantic

04 Sep 2017 22:57

ShirBlackspots wrote:
03 Sep 2017 04:54
Mind you, that 85mph speed limit is only on I-10 between El Paso and Midland, as well as SH-130, the newest toll road from Houston to Austin, if I remember correctly.
It's actually on Texas State Highway 130, on a stretch from just outside Austin to just outside San Antonio. To my knowledge, I-10 does not have any 85 mph stretches.

Even if it's a short stretch, it's a novel one, like the rather short stretch of I-19 from Tuscon to Nogales that uses metric signage in the game currently.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2017 00:56

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstat ... West_Texas Its 80MPH for a stretch from from Kerr County (Kerrville, just outside San Antonio) to El Paso County

Obergruppenfuhrer

06 Sep 2017 01:50

For me it'd have to be Wyoming (consider I'm from there). But, if they do that, they'd better make the elevation and mountains accurate.. the 3 sisters on I-80 in southwest Wyoming, Elk Mountain before Laramie, Teton Pass, South Pass, the Big Horns, Wind River Canyon.... It'd be a great addition.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 06:03

Well, before building Wyoming, they need another state to connect to the existing map, like Utah, don't you think?

Izargon

07 Sep 2017 04:01

Hmm, Utah first, then Oregon... My own guess...
Utah be the "final true desert" state then Oregon to transition from Cali to NW US...

Callipso
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 21:41

That depends on how you look at Utah, the far southwest of the State is part of the Mojave Desert region up till about Cedar City. Central and Southwest are not part of any classified desert and are really not arid enough to be a "Desert" by definition however they do resemble one in some ways rainfall is much higher than you might think down there. Most of the Central part of the state is mountainous due to the Uplifted area of the Grand Staircase and is much greener due to its elevation, This would include Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef as well as Zion Canyon. The West Central is mostly Canyons that tribute their water to the Colorado River and prehistoric lake beds that have eroded away with time, this area is semi-arid just as most the south is. Further north You do get into a part of the Rocky mountains known as Wasatch Range that flanks the Salt Flats around the Great Salt Lake, this area receives water as well, though due to the amount of salinity in the soils in the flats only highly specialized plants can grow in that region so it is quite barren not for its dryness but due to the salt in the ground. I know that the areas in and around the Wasatch Range are quite green and lush it should be interesting how SCS deals with those areas as well as the Salt Flats which texture wise would be completely different from the red/orange tones they are using for the rest of the desert states.

Dubst3pp3r
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 23:05

Would love to see Colorado and all its green mountainous glory in the very dry current state of ATS.

Vernquist
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 09:37

IMHO, it will go two states by two states - one as a paid DLC (marked here as "P") and second one as a free DLC (marked here as "F"), but the previous one should be obligatory. So, in my order it will be great to see:
1) New Mexico (P) + Utah (F),
2) Oregon (P) + Washington (F),
3) Idaho (P) + Montana (F),
4) Wyoming (P) + Colorado (F),
5) Texas (P) + Oklahoma (F).

Going so much in the future I will bet (according to my system) Kansas (P) + Nebraska (F) and South Dakota (P) + North Dakota (F). In that way we heve almost half of the USA covered :D
What do you think? ;)
ETS2 - Running on combination:
(in progress, two profiles)
ATS - Running on combination:
(in progress)

Channel / Kanał: https://www.youtube.com/user/Frater94

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information