After New Mexico, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

Which state would you like after New Mexico?

Poll ended at 01 Feb 2018 19:25

Utah
26%
Texas
37%
Oregon
36%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 870
RobertKNL
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2017 12:10

What worries me a bit is that SCS has already shown quite a bit of progress on New Mexico (prefabs, Roswell all that) but no still no release date.

I have complete faith in SCS, but it would be nice to know when to expect the DLC (even the season would be sufficient), just so I can plan ahead (I do have an American trucking company to manage ;) )

Callipso
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2017 05:05

I don't know why people are suggesting Idaho, before we have Oregon in the game, there is only one highway that connects Nevada to Idaho US-93. I'd prefer if we had a road network that doesn't bottleneck traffic to one road. The other thing about Idaho is that it has more mountainous and rugged terrain to build so will take longer than your average state, the same is true with Colorado so I don't think those will be included in a pack since they would require more man hours to complete.

It is very much more likely they will go with Utah next, it just makes sense in not only a logistical sense, it also makes structural sense for the map.

123Goh!
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 01:07

Callipso wrote:
22 Aug 2017 05:05
I don't know why people are suggesting Idaho, before we have Oregon in the game, there is only one highway that connects Nevada to Idaho US-93. I'd prefer if we had a road network that doesn't bottleneck traffic to one road. The other thing about Idaho is that it has more mountainous and rugged terrain to build so will take longer than your average state, the same is true with Colorado so I don't think those will be included in a pack since they would require more man hours to complete.

It is very much more likely they will go with Utah next, it just makes sense in not only a logistical sense, it also makes structural sense for the map.
True Utah would be next and also anchor the map.

CptCaribbean

23 Aug 2017 15:25

I really would like Oregon to be the next state in ATS, basically for having another type of vegetation with more and more trees, grass... Any other possible state would be as arid as California, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico are, making almost no difference between them. Also I want to add that I can't wait to see if SCS will make Alaska and how will it look like <3
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

loupdargent

23 Aug 2017 16:11

I'm pretty sure they will never make Alaska because :

- We are not 100 % sure they are going to develop all the states of USA. I know this is the wish of developers, but you know in this business, if the editor consider that there are not enough money incomes...

- If they cover the whole USA territory, they will develop southern Canada and northern Mexico

BUT, i'm pretty sure we'll see one day a wonderfull Promods Alaska :D

Callipso
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 22:32

Alaska is such a vast state, almost half the size of the continental US by itself, not to mention its got some of the most incredibly harsh terrain to cover. Also there are only a few highways in the entire state and they are all on the east side of the state, the roads are designed more to connect the two large cities together and provide roads to key ports for exporting oil, places like Prudhoe Bay, and Valdez at the two ends of the oil pipeline. Only a few other notable towns are attached to the highway link, homer and Seward being the most well known of these. Everything else is reached primarily by Bush planes and Cessna's and then by Ferry if you don't mind the wait. I'm sure we all want to see Denali in the game and drive in the depths of the unending tundra, however road wise the network is very sparse and the scenery is very limited since you cannot access half the state by roads.

Roudou

23 Aug 2017 22:53

I'm trying to imagine how many people would have interest into trucking in Alaska if the TV shows about it don't exist. :D

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 23:05

loupdargent wrote:

- We are not 100 % sure they are going to develop all the states of USA. I know this is the wish of developers, but you know in this business, if the editor consider that there are not enough money incomes...

- If they cover the whole USA territory, they will develop southern Canada and northern Mexico

They don't need to do southern Canada and Northern Mexico, since it's the USA they are gonna model :)
I'm sure we will see Promods state coming once SCS has rolled out a few states so we will finally see the full USA:

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 12:46

If SCS would determine there is not enough income, it is slightly due to a lack of content. I know ATS and ETS2 are two different teams, but it is notable that ETS2 still gets a bit more support (even though the modding community for that game is way bigger as well).

I honestly wouldnt mind supporting them if they would release some half baked paint job DLC, but they really need to show some sign of life (like suddenly releasing that DAF pack for... ETS2)

CptCaribbean

24 Aug 2017 14:01

KyotoCarl wrote:
23 Aug 2017 23:05
loupdargent wrote:

They don't need to do southern Canada and Northern Mexico, since it's the USA they are gonna model :)
I'm sure we will see Promods state coming once SCS has rolled out a few states so we will finally see the full USA:
SCS has never said that ATS would be a project for only the USA, as the game is called "American Truck Simulator" and that means that it could go from Canada to Argentina (also adding that this won't happen).
It's like saying that ETS2 is only for states of the European Union.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information