how soon will you have pro mods ats

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 16:14

elitegamer0611 wrote: Actually it can be fixed as; ATS map is already good enough that Promods doesn't have urgency to start it. By comparison; remember ETS2 main vanilla map.
I agree on that. The ATS map, to me, doesn't scream: REBUILD ME! I'M TERRIBLE!

The ETS2 default map however...... :lol:
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

thm57
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 18:41

LoaderSaints wrote:
CAPLV wrote:btw.. i`m thinking that better is ProMods stay on only ETS2 as there are so many good map mods for ATS .
I don't want to sound like an elitist but personally I haven't found ANY good map mod for ATS apart from rookie31st's tweaks but I wouldn't call those a proper map mod (as they simply fix some junctions).
Except for the MHAPro map and rookie31st's interchange fixes I think the maps for ATS are worthless. I have tried them but driving for hundreds of miles through nothing and ending up in a city that looks exactly like the one I just left does not cut it. I do think these maps could become decent eventually but they are not there yet.

angrybirdseller
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 20:03

Be patient gonna take time after the rescale. Likely tweaked the map editor after the rescale. Just learning blender and getting reaccuiqnted with Zmodeler. No point doing much till the rescale.

Probadly, rather wait and see how scs approaches this because scs probadly not gonna spend a year on Wyoming DLC.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

06 Oct 2016 18:05

thm57 wrote:
LoaderSaints wrote:
CAPLV wrote:btw.. i`m thinking that better is ProMods stay on only ETS2 as there are so many good map mods for ATS .
I don't want to sound like an elitist but personally I haven't found ANY good map mod for ATS apart from rookie31st's tweaks but I wouldn't call those a proper map mod (as they simply fix some junctions).
Except for the MHAPro map and rookie31st's interchange fixes I think the maps for ATS are worthless. I have tried them but driving for hundreds of miles through nothing and ending up in a city that looks exactly like the one I just left does not cut it. I do think these maps could become decent eventually but they are not there yet.
Have you tried the Dalton map? that's by far the best ATS map at the moment.

LivelyTrousers
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2016 12:30

Those coast to coast maps are sooooooooooo shockingly boring it's amazing. Especially around the Midwest. I will stick to ETS 2 until Promods arrive on the scene :)

xela1961

01 Nov 2016 11:00

for Mistah Dave....
That mean you didn't seen the Coast 2 Coast and Mexuscan added to ATS !!! try to add them... to see.
the Dalton Map is boring, very boring, like a part of the ROS in ETS. :cry:
I still amazed for ETS with Promods !!! Promods is the best ! :D Let the guys from ProMods, work on ETS, they doing a fantastic job. Great guys.

The ATS will be better if they change the scale, and if the guys who working on mentioned maps (C2C and Mexuscan) will have more time to make maps more interesting with a lot of towns... ;)

jkh67

01 Nov 2016 11:17

How about this map pack?

MEGA MAP OF AMERICA 1.0 ATS 1.4.x
<Link removed>
Last edited by tkk7406 on 01 Nov 2016 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remmoved link as it's a pirated map
[FHH - Community mainly for ETS2, ATS & FS games]
Discord: https://discord.gg/AbH75PZ
VTC: http://trucksbook.eu/company/4236
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/juhahirv

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Nov 2016 11:48

That is Mario again, known for his notorious copy-pasta maps and pirating and combining maps without permission or crediting the original authors...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2016 20:44

I think the team should not get sidetracked and focus on expanding and improving Europe; or at least the devs that now sit working on Europe should remain working on Europe. Updates already take several months to come out, and while that is never a bad thing, because of the incredible end result, taking another large scale project sounds like a good route towards failure.

I must be in the minority that actually thinks after the rescale, things will improve slightly, and that ATS itself is not a bad game graphically and in terms of prefabs, models etc. However, no such rebuild effort has been made in Europe, and while ProMods is on a very good path to almost completing it, it still deserves major attention.

Callipso
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 04:02

Work would go faster with a larger staff, I'm sure the people here are still trying to find the people that can deliver the high quality standard they expect. Though lets face it they aren't working to educate potential devs either. Most of what goes on is to figure it out yourself, which is a slow and highly tedious task for a newbie. It also means that the potential candidate will take much longer to get the standard they are looking for. I understand most of the devs are and want to work towards advancing the map and not having to teach people how to do the finer details of the trade, its never the most fun thing out there if your more of the do'er kind of personality.
Lets face it though, if you had some people dedicating to teach the potential devs out there that want to do this kind of work. Then you could recruit people faster and the quality would be much the same as it already is. This would mean more staff to crank out the work in a shorter period of time.
As long as we send people away to learn it themselves things will only continue to creep along at a snail's pace. this is just my two cents.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information