Sound Fixes Pack [1.49] [for ETS2 and ATS]

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Drive Safely

20 Dec 2015 07:33

Traffic packs currently modified by sounds:

Base game traffic (81% done)
[ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 (42% done)
Motorcycle Traffic Pack by Jazzycat v6.5.5 (6% done)

:arrow: Description

This mod has been bringing more immersion to common sounds in the game for over 8 years!

It packs a lot of sound content within one mod, making it great value within the 100 mod limit in Convoy multiplayer.

:arrow: Compatibility

* ETS2 1.49.2 + ATS 1.49.3. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Does not replace individual player truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps and all trucks, including truck mods.
* Supported in single-player and multiplayer Convoy mode, and is marked as an optional mod in Convoy.
* If hosting a Convoy dedicated server with this mod, it is recommended to turn on "mods_optioning" to prevent mod version restrictions.

:arrow: Minimum requirements

Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
- any map mods (e.g. ProMods)
- any AI traffic mods (e.g. traffic packs and traffic pack add-ons)
- any rain sound mods (unless proven to be compatible)

:arrow: Feature list

The mod features meticulously crafted sounds, covering the following:

- An extensive variety of suspension and truck and trailer tire bump sounds.
- Fuel / filling station sounds.
- Door close and seatbelt sounds after refueling.
- Train sound enhancements, including authentic sounds for several locomotives and railroad cars.
- Country/state specific railroad crossing bell sounds.
- More auditory detail in tire noise for all terrains: asphalt, gravel, grass, snow, and sleeper lines.
- Wet tire sound for the player's truck tires when the asphalt roads are wet.
- Reworked tire screech sound effects.
- Nokia phone ringtone sound replacing the hurry up / late music, leading to less stress for the player.
- Default common sound reworks, such as improved default air brake sounds and a softer default reverse beep.
- AI traffic vehicle sound improvements, with engine and horn sounds uniquely set for specific vehicles.
- English AU/UK/US voice navigation variants with speaker effect added and uncustomary phrases removed.
- Wind buffeting and rush of air sounds at high speeds only when the window is open.
- Additional environmental and ambient sounds, and tasteful changes to existing ambient sounds in the game world.
- Trailer coupling and trailer brace rotation sounds.
- Four standalone air horns.
- Sound mix implemented for the Musical Road in American Truck Simulator's Historic Route 66.
- Dynamic rain sounds, and an assortment of different thunder sounds with delay.
- The default wiper sound may now squeak only when the windshield is dry.
- Default gear grinding sound effect additions and improvements.
- Stronger reverb effects when under bridges and overpasses.
- (Optional) Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound functionality.
- (Optional - ATS only) Cop scouting reports via CB radio (enable in voice navigation options).
- Fixes for World Ambient sound glitches from the vanilla game.

For further immersion, the mod may also include official paint colors and more authentic specifications for each AI traffic vehicle it modifies for sound. Rarer paint colors are less likely to be seen.

:arrow: Credits

* SCS Software for base sounds and for creating games open to modding
* Drive Safely for sound mixing and editing, some sound samples, and for compiling the mod
* antonvezdehod and Katixa for some high speed tire sounds
* Darkcaptain for a variety of rain sound samples
* Grinch for the Euro Truck Simulator 2 fallback railroad crossing bell sound
* Kriechbaum for blinker off stick sound and several Renault T and Mack E6 sound samples
* Trayscapes for recordings of a Mack E6 truck
* Vasily EVR for some air brake sound samples
* Zeemod for a wind sound sample

:arrow: Official SCS forum link

The SCS Forum link below for the Sound Fixes Pack holds all official download links and is open to suggestions and questions about the mod:
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=200919

If you like quick and easy automatic updates and a 'safe mode' to protect from incompatibility with future game updates, the Steam Workshop edition of the mod is highly recommended.

📁 Download

- https://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/do6dlni47287/Soun ... is.7z.html [v24.06 - ShareMods (109.7 MB)]
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =648591060 [AUTO UPDATES - Steam Workshop ETS2]
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =830663438 [AUTO UPDATES - Steam Workshop ATS]
- https://truckymods.io/euro-truck-simula ... fixes-pack [TruckyMods ETS2]
- https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... fixes-pack [TruckyMods ATS]

Enjoy the mod. :)

🎚️ Recommended settings

Open image for full size

📀 Video showcases

📗 User Guide

Last edited by Drive Safely on 03 Mar 2024 03:15, edited 233 times in total.

LoaderSaints

20 Dec 2015 09:20

A video demonstration could be useful.
This mod does sound very interesting though. ;)

Puncake
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2015 17:22

This is a video from version 9 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1Tq6tlaVE

credits goes to Mr GermanTruck

token5gtd

27 Dec 2015 20:50

I'm trying to migrate my old save over to ProMods that was using this sound pack (v 11.3). Since there is a pro-mods version and non-promods version of the sound mod, I'm getting a crash when trying to use the promods version as opposed to the other as before.

I know that the sound mod and my trailer mods are compatible with pro mods because I started a new profile and all mods worked fine with no crash.

Is there a way to edit my save information to accept the promods version of the sound pack so I can avoid starting all over?

Drive Safely

29 Dec 2015 01:40

@token5gtd

What do you mean by "migrate" your "old save over to ProMods"? Were you using a different map in your old save and now tried to change to ProMods with that same profile?

token5gtd

29 Dec 2015 02:22

I am trying to add promods to a save that did not have pro-mods before, but that save DOES have this sound pack; and since there is a promods version and a non-promods version, it's dependent on the non-promods version.

However, I would assume that by installing promods, I would need to change the sound pack over to the Promods version. But if I do this, the game crashes, as the save is still expecting the non-promods version of the sound pack to be installed.

I started a new save with all my mods including Promods, using the Promods version of this sound pack to test compatibility and it runs.

So I am asking if there is a way to edit my save file so that it "expects" the pro-mods version of the sound pack instead of the non-promods version.

Drive Safely

29 Dec 2015 03:47

Can you post your game log here after you try using the Sound Fixes Pack with ProMods in your old profile?

Otherwise I'd have no clue what is causing the crash.

Puncake
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2015 11:55

Hi , this may be a stupid question but there is like a loud beeping sound that happens sometimes, could you explain what that is?

Drive Safely

30 Dec 2015 00:00

It's supposed to be an engine warning when you have too much damage but I think it's been beeping on a few false positives (when your trailer is damaged but no damage to the engine), so I'll be discontinuing that feature in the next version.

Puncake
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2015 15:48

Ah ok thanks :)

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information