"Realistic" economy mod compatible with Promods?

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Chimpampin

01 Aug 2018 12:43

The economy in the actual game it's too easy, the moment you hire a worker, you can't go bankrupt. So... any mods to make the economy more realistic or harder? I saw some mods on steam workshop, but are outdated for Promods, or aren't totally compatible.

seagreen

09 Aug 2018 19:56

I'm trying Yet Another Economy Mod Lite, from the Steam Workshop.

Penalties are no joke. I started a new vanilla profile and my 3rd load in, I had to abort the load. You don't want to abort a load. I kept the experience earned but was far in the negatives for cash and a LONG way away from buying my own truck.

I've also just downloaded ProMods map so my original profile, with one small garage and 2 drivers, combined with the tougher economy mode, will provide many more hours of driving.

JenCor

27 Aug 2018 17:42

Haven't played for a while and the economy mod I used in the past isn't working anymore. What I'm looking for is the same as OP, a realistic (hard) economy mod. Something like 0,7-1,5€ per km for freight is what I'm looking for, the other stuff isn't that important but it should still be reasonable.

"K Realistic Economy" mod was one I was looking at but the income (€ per km) would still be too high for my liking (plus there doesn't seem to be any support from the creator anymore).

One other mod I found that is still supported by the creator is the "Economy Overhaul 1.8.3" mod but it seems like it doesn't support map mods like PM or RusMap. Would it be hard to adjust it to PM and other map mods myself? I'd guess toll and ferry fees would be the main things that would need work?

Any suggestions (mods or how to adjust/extend existing economy mods myself) would be very appreciated.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2018 19:15

you can always made mod as you wish.. its not so hard :)
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

JenCor

30 Aug 2018 12:58

CAPLV wrote:
27 Aug 2018 19:15
you can always made mod as you wish.. its not so hard :)
are there any tutorials for economy mods? I really wouldn't mind doing it myself but I have no idea where to start.

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2018 10:39

I have never done an economy mod. But you can try downloading one (if there are some) compatible with your current game version and open it. Inside there will probably be just some .txt files you can edit with Notepad (sometimes you are just editing values of fines or some coefficients of how much you earn for certain deliveries – as I said I never tried it before). When you finish it pack it back in the same folders as it was before and create zip files. And you have your own mod.
Hope I gave you some info you can start work on it.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information