(Question) Change Poleflags Texture.

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Pedro1509

06 Nov 2017 00:04

Hi folks,this hopefully will be my first ETS2 mod,and i do not know how i do it.
So,what i want to do exacly,i wan to change the textures of the poleflags in the borders to their ancient 1914 look,what i wanted to do is this:
PS:The order flags had very little (if not any) changes from 1914.

PSII:Poland was to complicated,because it was divided betwen Russia and Germany,and i want to make a very simple mod,only change the texture of the flags,without change the map,or moding it to the historical borders.

PSIII:I want to Replace the European Union Flag with the League of Nations Flag,is not even close the same thing,but it solves the "Boot the EU out of the map" Problem :3

I know how to create mods for Hearts of Iron 4,and Stellaris,this is my fist time moding ETS2.
If someone can say to me what i need to do,i will me very thankful. :D

bratogo
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2017 22:10

Look here for answers. ;)

Pedro1509

07 Nov 2017 04:53

Thanks for the tip,but when i extracted the main files and use the map editor what i found was this:

I dont get it,i fanally found the image file,but is with this "transparency",i i dont know how to remove it...
Gods,this is a lot more complicated than i thought,when you want to change the texture of the flag of any nation in Hearts of Iron 4,all you need to do is open the flag file that you want to change (is a TGA file),override it with the new image,and exit saving,easy as that...
I dont have absolutely no idea what to do,and i was thinking that make this mod will be easy... :|

Chickenbread

07 Dec 2017 20:17

You see, dds Images don't have true transparency. They have 2 bitmaps: One in full Color (the actual image) and one in Gray scale (the transparency map). Now in this case the transparency map for some reason is gray and not white (like it should be). I recommend in this case a separate dds reader that allows you to edit the 2 bitmaps of a dds separately. My choice for this is: http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm
It allows you to edit the two bitmaps right in your favorite editor, without ever having to extract them once. But you can choose other solutions if you want to.
Trust nothing on the internet, just because my name is besides it.
- Abraham Lincoln

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information