Different traffic behaviour of Special cars

You can share and discuss ETS2 AI car mods here
Cipus
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 14:13

I take Ai traffic as a very important part of the game, as it keeps you focused on the game, both audio and visually. without traffic the game will be very boring and won't be enough attractive. As for traffic I use a large variety of cars, buses, trucks and cargoes. Jazzycat made a high quality work with his great packs ;)
However, I needed even more and included in the game some police and ambulance cars with its sounds, pack created by skleroza. However won't yet feel real as these special cars are behaving in an identical way as for other cars. would be ever possible keeping the sound and to change behaviour of the special cars as following?
- should have no speed restrictions, but circulate with reasonable speed
- should be able to overtake other cars also on continuous and double lines
- should not wait on the red colour
- should use horn and lights to clear the line
with all these improvements the game would be so spicy and fun :mrgreen:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Aug 2016 15:04

This will require recoding of the game and is beyond the capabilities of modders.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

EG0611

25 Aug 2016 15:30

cipinho I tried various types of AI behavior mods and I can tell you that default SCS behaviored AIs are the best. Maybe you can increase the amounth of AIs by command window.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 09:04

MandelSoft wrote:This will require recoding of the game and is beyond the capabilities of modders.
thought so too, maybe SCS will think about one day...
elitegamer0611 wrote:cipinho I tried various types of AI behavior mods and I can tell you that default SCS behaviored AIs are the best. Maybe you can increase the amounth of AIs by command window.
I don't know yet how to use this but I am ready to learn ;) I already find out how to enable the console (which I believe is the command window you talk about). Would it be able to modify the percentage of traffic too? I would like to have the following: 50% cars, 45% trucks and 5% buses (all from Jazzycat packs)

until now I used Traffic density from Piva but it is too much traffic from the opposite direction and makes impossible to overtake any car in front of you. I even reduced the numbers on the sii file for every hour but don't seem to have worked as I still have lot of traffic :cry: it is pity because I managed to have the right percentages (50,45,5%, see above) but still cannot reduce the traffic...
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Fr8i

10 Oct 2016 17:16

Hi,

you can also reduce this line:

Code: Select all

max_vehicle_count: 100000
I use 300-500. 100000 seems overkill to me. You'll find this in "traffic_data.sii".

I also deleted "world" and "country" folder.

best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

JESAN
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2016 20:04

Cipinho

In Piva"s mod you can adjust traffic level for each road type via the "world" folder and "traffic_lane" file.
Not for each lane unfortunately but yet you can have a busy motorway and a country road without an endless flow of vehicles incoming.
Btw does anybody know where we can get explanations for traffic parameters ?

Cipus
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2016 09:35

thanks to both of you. in the meantime I learnt many things ;) I played with numbers in the sii files and now I have nice traffic. And Piva's mod Traffic density is the best up to now.
I managed to reduce traffic by adding a maximum value for spawn as following: cars (30), trucks (20) and buses (3). with these values the max_vehicle_count: 100000 is no longer relevant, can be any number there as maximum number of vehicles in a once will be 30+20+3. I have also adapted density per hours which creates different density according to the time of the day with maximum in early morning and late afternoon.
I did not yet try density for road type as I find ok as it is now.

Return to “ETS2 AI mods”

• Information