Trailer and Company pack - content question

You can share and discuss ETS2 trailer mods here
Mephic
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2017 23:57

Hi

From my understanding in the newest revision of Trailer & Company pack there is support for Schwarzmuller DLC. Unfortunately , when I use the replacement version (i don't want to have any default trailers in ETS2), Schwarzmuller trailers remain in their stock vanilla companies skins.

Is that normal behavior? Does it mean there is support that it works, but there is no skins for Schwarzmuller trailers yet? If that is the case, does anyone know good skinpack for Schwarzmuller which can work along with that?

I've seen SISL creation but it needs also basic trailer pack which I don't want to use.

Vøytek
Developer

05 Nov 2017 00:16

I'm pretty sure I've seen a Schwarzmuller trailer with Biedronka skin few days ago (but in our development version, not 2.2). Does it happen with only PM + TCP?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ScuL
Founder

05 Nov 2017 01:10

I think most trailers have a skin, but not all of them (yet)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

05 Nov 2017 05:59

The Schwarzmuller and Willig Trailers are only supported by the base ProMods pack. The Trailer and Company pack does not support them yet since it's maintained by someone else.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Mephic
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2017 08:17

Yes it happens only with pm and tcp. So what I understand there might be some trailers with default skins and some with modified? The modified would come from base pack?

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

05 Nov 2017 11:00

All of the companies in the base ProMods pack support Schwarzmuller if they have a custom trailer skin at all. The new Willig tanker has more limited support.

The Companies that currently support Schwarzmuller are as follows:
  • Biedronka
  • Bændasamtök Íslands
  • Deret
  • Eimskip
  • Eroski
  • Gallia Ferries (This is an SCS company, but it never had a trailer look)
  • HB Grandi
  • Icelandair
  • Lidl
  • Maxima
  • Mazet
  • Metro
  • Norbert Dentressangle
  • Raben (Upcoming)
  • Rewe (Upcoming)
  • Rimi
  • Saab Aerospace
  • Samskip
  • Smyril
  • Tesco
  • XXXLutz
  • Any other companies that re-use these companies' looks (The Samskip and Eimskip ones are re-used a ton in Iceland for example)
The Willig Fuel Tanker (The one SCS accidentally left in 1.28) supports the following companies:
  • Deret
  • Mazet
  • Norbert Dentressangle
  • Orlen
Neither trailer are supported in the Trailer and Company Pack, so will still show the SCS companies, but will still correctly display the companies we added mentioned above.

This also will probably extend to doubles (The first trailer might show the override company but the second might show the SCS company or maybe no company at all), though that depends on exactly how the TCP overrides the looks. I don't handle it so I don't know exactly.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2017 17:37

The ProMods TCP does not have support for the Schwarz Mueller trailers, Willig Fuel Tanker, or the new double trailers due to the arrangements of the file structures used by SCS Software and the ProMods TCP.
The ProMods TCP will need some work to supply the correct skins for those. By default, the ProMods TCP replacement file will not handle the Schwarz Mueller, Willig, or double trailers.

I made some quick and dirty patches for these trailers for my personal use, but the doubles aren't looking good with my attempt due the short length of the smaller trailer of the double trailers.
These will most likely need a custom skin texture to accommodate the shorter length and make it look good. For the Schwarz Mueller curtain side trailers, that trailer model has its own speed limit plates and some of the ProMods replacement trailer skins have speed limit plates as part of the skins. So, you end up with overlapping speed limit plates or obscured details because of the reflective panels on the rear of the trailer model. The Schwarz Mueller DLC also provides a food cistern, but this has some issues because of a slightly different UV mapping on the rear compared to the existing food cistern. Similar problems occur on the Willig fuel tanker model. These trailers will need new skin files to accommodate the UV mappings of these trailers.

Return to “ETS2 Trailer mods”

• Information