[DISCUSSION] B-Train?

You can share and discuss ETS2 trailer mods here
ReaporOfDeath

10 Jan 2016 21:46

i was wondering if anyones making a project on trailers like these or if people are thinking of it?

Last edited by LoaderSaints on 26 May 2016 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title.

natvander
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2016 22:38

Unfortunately you can't at this stage have multiple pivot points.

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2017 14:06

it would likely be complete graphical change within the game itself meaning migration to a similar graphics that gta 5 uses.. to promote what is seen in real life..

looking a those float bed b-trains I doubt it could be modeled in ets2

however what is common in Australia in a b-train or double b-train and road would likely require a complete new graphics engine to permit multiple pivot points within, with heavy use of trailer steering in europe i wonder what it would be like doing b-train/double b-train and road trains and with the addition of a truck with full wheel steerage it would be interesting to see..

though i've only seen tri axle b-trains I couldn't tell of the practicality of what is being either trialed or in use through each of the european union member countries, though coming from a country where it is common to all manner of trailer configuration conveying many tons/tonnes of freight on the roads I believe that the current back roads systems would require major in game and in real life retooling to be suitable for long line hauling as looking at some of the rail sidings within continental europe and the UK/IRE road system I believe living the lane lifestyle where the road itself is barely wide enough for a horse and cart to roam the countryside need to be brought into the 21st century..

just look at the history of gemany's autobahn its original intent was meant for a national road system for heavy haulage and troop and tank transport,,

in this game I have driven across most of europe in this I see benefits in trailer and trucks with a complete steerage wheel systems though how to deploy it in the game would likely be a pain..

i see the need of a pilot vehicle system needing to be a present thing if you properly driving to the physics of the load you are hauling it would push you across multiple lanes of traffic by sheer weight alone..

with a major use of roundabouts across the european union I would guess whether it be in real life or in this game the only option a single b-train and double b-train or even a 3 trailer road train would only be plausible under a trailer with self steering tires due to the mechanics of the enter and exit of a roundabout though when talking about the terms of heavy haul your best steering line is cutting corners where plausibly possible as weight of load will set the only course of action and in some part of the game doesn't lend it well 40+foot long trailers on simple turning physics of trailer when attached..

this can also be said for ats, ets2 also has this issue..

simple trailer physics stops you, if you have a space limitation where you can only upto a 30-35 foot trailer and you are trying install a trailer of 40-55 foot you are going to create issues when hauling long loads because most areas you pull into will not fit what you are hauling in a space designed for a smaller trailer..

LoaderSaints

05 Apr 2017 16:21

@redlineshooter1
No changes would be required to the graphics engine but to the physics engine changes would indeed be required if B-trains were to be implemented in the game. ;)
And IRL B-trains are being used in Europe, they are common in at least The Netherlands, Finland and Sweden. Also, Germany has started adopting B-trains as well AFAIK.

Solbero
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2017 01:51

Well there is also this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1092901218 . That is B-train right? And it works, has multiple pivot points, Ive driven it couple times but definetely needs tweaking because its massive length...

bmwGTR

10 Nov 2017 10:00

Hi,

with 1.28 SCS invented the Doubles (B-Train) - so you do not need a mod for it.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Solbero
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2017 11:16

But isnt that the doubles what SCS put in the game are only without DOLLY?

Return to “ETS2 Trailer mods”

• Information