AWD trucks

You can share and discuss ETS2 truck mods here
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

14 Aug 2016 10:52

Anyone know of a reliable AWD mod? currently using an RJL Scania T, but would like to make it awd, purely so I can complete jobs in Svalbard and Iceland with out grinding to a halt. I don't know anything about making or editing mods, so I think I'm at the mercy of the trucking gods....

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I shall be very grateful.
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

SilverShadowPT

14 Aug 2016 16:58

Hello.

I have used a Mercedes NG 1632 mod that has a 6x6 chassis, im not sure if its against the rules to provide links to mods on other sites here, but you can find it on a google search.

If you know how to open the .scs file from the mod you already use, you can edit the chassis to be 6x6 (not sure if it works with all mods)

Make a backup first, I only did this once and it might not work anymore.

Find the chassis files inside this folder path: def/vehicle/truck/"ModName"/chassis/

Note: "ModName" will depend on what mod you are using

The chassis file will probably be named 4x2.sii, or similiar. Open the file of the chassis you want to make AWD with notepad and try to find this lines:

powered_axle[0]: false # front axle
powered_axle[1]: true # rear axle
Just change the "false" to "true", save, and try out the truck with that chassis in game, if im not mistaken you should have a 4x4 AWD chassis now.

Have fun

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

19 Aug 2016 12:14

Thanks bud, i shall aproach with caution on editing scs files as im not tech savy.
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Vøytek
Developer

19 Aug 2016 20:06

Don't worry. If you fail, just delete whole mod and download it again ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

SilverShadowPT

19 Aug 2016 23:11

You can open the .scs with winrar, instead of extracting it you can just find the file, open with notepad, do the edits you want, save and then close notepad. Winrar will ask if you want to update the archive, say yes and wait a second or two.(depending on your computer speed).

I just tried this with Scania_T_Mod_v1.8.2.1_by_RJL, I assume this is the one you use?

Found the 4x2.sii chassis file inside this folder path: def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/chassis/
Changed the lines on the 4x2.sii file from:
powered_axle[0]: false # front axle
to:
powered_axle[0]: true # front axle
making it a 4x4. Only drived a few meters on grass to test it but all 2 axels have traction now.

If you open the other chassi files just to read them you will notice the same pattern on the code, I assume alll chassis can be turned to be AWD if you want just by changing the "false" to "true" on the "powered_axle" lines.

If you need any further help just say, ill provide the assistance I can although this is probably most of the sucessfull editing im capable, im often tempted to try a few other things but they usually end badly.

sorin000
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2016 17:45

The thing is that having awd won`t help you that much in this game since there is no dif lock. I suggest when you get to those areas use manual shift and let it rev more. I climbed those hills with a 60t load from jazzycat and a 6x4 scania no problem.

Paleraider

27 Sep 2016 17:06

I use MADster´s MAN TGS Mod that inklude a 4X4 and a 6X6 Chassis with Hydro Drive and it worked well for me on Island , and only for Optic reasons i use " Off-Rad Wheel" mod from ets2.lt
but there is a little mishapp with this wheels.....
Scania´s dont fit with it anymore under a lot off trailer, especially Gooseneck and Curtain Slider will not fit.

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2017 09:37

note you may require a triaxle rear tags are no good for offroad application whether you use a 6x4, 6x6, 2x6, 2x8, 8x8, 4x6-4x10, you will a bare min of 750hp or higher because with excessive weight the low end hp don't have the pulling..

you are likely looking at a 8x8 platform within a truck because 3 axles may not be enough for use..

and you are likely stepping into a vnl 670/780 or similar in another brand of, the only cab over will likely be the renault or scania heavy haul option which is not present within the game..

the only without mod would be a base model day cab from kenworth in ether game..

the lack of heavy haul mods within this game is an issue which needs correcting at some point...

LoaderSaints

21 Mar 2017 16:41

@redlineshooter1
This topic is about ETS2 and as far as I know there are various heavy haulage mods available.

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2017 20:28

I realize this though my opinion this should be a stock option rather than a secondary mod..

Don't get me wrong I love the option of having the mods in there though with the amount of updates that seem to flying out of SCS of late I believe a base model is a base requirement that way it isn't crashing the game..

I have heavy haul mods that are unusable in truck forms though it has no update to it to download whether I run 1.26 or 1.27.10, this just isn't about trailers mods and what I have used within stock and mods a base requirement is a 750hp engine or better whether you are on road or offroad..

the fact is you are at a dead stop in either game and can't move your load you are either hung up on something or your current engine setup is not designed for the weight you are trying to haul..

I have experienced this myself to know an under powered rig does you no good when can't even get the load moving..

no matter which game you are playing at the whether it be ATS or ETS2..

mods come mods go and mods crash games at dealers because SCS has failed to have a base model configuration of a truck whether it be scania, renault, iveco, mercedes or volvo by design, especially when comes to special application trucks..

at the moment I would hazard a guess a kenworth t-680 day cab will likely be the only model to see a tri-axle rear, as for similar in the w900not likely I have yet to see a base model or mod to support it correctly

Ive downloaded mod because of the options they have in axle layout though I see no option in dealers to select the truck format...

However from what I have seen to date I believe the base game needs to support it 1st before a mod can use it...

at the moment the only mods I see functioning is beacons, in truck and trailers as for functioning tri/quad/quin/sextet drive axles not going to happen until base game..

whilst tri-axle rears a loosely supported in ats whether it be base or mod, when it comes to the likes of ETS2 it may never be functionally supported by base game and likely finding a mod that will function with these options is going to be patchy at best for it to actually function without it crashing a game for whichever reason..

Yes I want these options even if i was capable of modding something it becomes pointless because if it isn't going be supported by the base game you are going to have issues getting it to work an with the amount updates they seem to doing of late it not going to be a guarantee that the mod will function from the get go..

there is a lot of things I would love to see in ETS2 and ATS though I would suspect a complete change in how the game works as it would likely require a complete overhaul of its graphics engine and game play style to allow certain features to be present within the actual gameplay.

though as ets2 stands today nice IDEA though until the game supports the truck option natively getting the mod to function without crashing the actual game isn't going to happen anytime soon..

I've seen mods work on youtube though to what build of the game it is functioning in I wouldn't have a clue..

looking 1.26 last couple updates and the current betas getting truck mods to work is a pain in the arse... in either game..

Note: I find some trailers do actually require a dolly system in place to actually move as it requires supported weight support as a failure to do so you will find yourself going nowhere fast

Return to “ETS2 Truck mods”

• Information