Project Balkans plus Romania extended

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
SovietOnion

04 Jul 2018 18:00

Romania extended, in my opinion, isn't that great anyway. I'm sure the author has worked hard on it, but it leaves a-lot to be desired. A-lot of it feels empty. I drove into Cluj-Napoca, which I've been to many times, and there were a-lot of buildings that just didn't exist in the actual city. For example, a little to the right of the stadium exists a model of Hadrian's Mausoleum in Rome.. which is clearly not in the real Cluj-Napoca. You're better off with the ProMods version.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2018 12:57

@wagx

If you have it in this load order there must be more broken roads like that.
As the others said, there are not compatible. But you can use them together, but you have to put Romania extended in a higher priority than project balkans.

Than you have only one speedway broken near slavonski brod. And a smaller road north of it too. But the other roads should fit together..
It's not the best solution but if you want really use both of them you have to tolerate this and plan your route around the broken roads.

I like Romania extended. I had never been in Romania, but the mountain areas are nice and several more cities as at promods. And the Harbour at Constanta has a ferry port what is at promods missing.
The Bridges above the Donau looks very big and impressive at Romania extended. But on fact is. There are two of those Bridges in real life and at promods. At Romania extended there's only one bridge. But I guess that's an issue of to less space for two of this big built bridges. At promods this bridges seems to be smaller so there are two..

Anyway...since Arayas has made a road connection for promods so you can choose
Using Romania Extended with Promods (like me)
Or stay at Promods..

Not to forget that maybe at the next update of Promods (2.30) there can eventually be some new things at Promods Romania or Balkan area..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

CAPLV
Donation rank:

07 Jul 2018 13:07

Arayas also made to add Turkey map.. in combination w/Romania map...

as author said.. its too complicated to make proper connection w/project balkans.. so he stays on compatibility w/promods only.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

arayas

08 Jul 2018 19:53

SovietOnion wrote:
Romania extended, in my opinion, isn't that great anyway. I'm sure the author has worked hard on it, but it leaves a-lot to be desired. A-lot of it feels empty. I drove into Cluj-Napoca, which I've been to many times, and there were a-lot of buildings that just didn't exist in the actual city. For example, a little to the right of the stadium exists a model of Hadrian's Mausoleum in Rome.. which is clearly not in the real Cluj-Napoca. You're better off with the ProMods version.
I am working right now to replicate in blender all the real buildings from Romania. In 12-14 years i'm done. Then i am gonna insert it in my map. But i am sure it's not gonna be enough. For example the sky it's blue in Germany. So clearly my map has a fake sky. Can't be also blue. Maybe i will make it purple. And when it's raining you can sing "Purple Rain". :lol: :lol: :lol:
After that i am gonna go around the country to force people to build houses next to the roads. We can't live this way with just fields around roads! No, this is an abomination. In real life, from Craiova to Alexandria there are just a small town and 2 villages. More than 200km and this is the best they could? I am gonna call TV stations to film that! People, i am making Google Maps Romania here, common start to build something!

You gotta love those art critics. Don't like one map? Simple solution: delete, play something else. We can live without "inteligent" observations. Trust me.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Wagx
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2018 20:33

This region of the map drops the FPS from 60 to 4 frames.

The other parts of the connection between PROMODS and Romania are normal, but this one from ARAD is terrible.

Anyone with this problem?

* I removed the mod Balkans

SovietOnion

08 Jul 2018 21:12

arayas wrote:
08 Jul 2018 19:53
SovietOnion wrote:
I am working right now to replicate in blender all the real buildings from Romania. In 12-14 years i'm done. Then i am gonna insert it in my map. But i am sure it's not gonna be enough. For example the sky it's blue in Germany. So clearly my map has a fake sky. Can't be also blue. Maybe i will make it purple. And when it's raining you can sing "Purple Rain". :lol: :lol: :lol:
After that i am gonna go around the country to force people to build houses next to the roads. We can't live this way with just fields around roads! No, this is an abomination. In real life, from Craiova to Alexandria there are just a small town and 2 villages. More than 200km and this is the best they could? I am gonna call TV stations to film that! People, i am making Google Maps Romania here, common start to build something!

You gotta love those art critics. Don't like one map? Simple solution: delete, play something else. We can live without "inteligent" observations. Trust me.
Mate, you've completely missed the point and instead just respond with sarcasm when you can't take any criticism.
I've deleted your map and will definitely play something better. Cheers!

arayas

08 Jul 2018 21:45

Wagx wrote:

The other parts of the connection between PROMODS and Romania are normal, but this one from ARAD is terrible.

You are the first to report that, you may be right or not, i will test again that area. If there are problems they are gonna be fixed in next version (1.7) launched around 20 july. Thank you for feedback.

Onion, you are complaining there are standard SCS materials in a standard SCS map. So, the logic just shot itself. Have fun playing whatever map you like.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2018 21:56

SovietOnion wrote:
08 Jul 2018 21:12

I've deleted your map and will definitely play something better. Cheers!
even if he would be the best map modder in the world, i will never download his map, because he is so smart. :roll:
No Support via PM!

Wagx
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2018 21:59

arayas wrote:
08 Jul 2018 21:45
Wagx wrote:

You are the first to report that, you may be right or not, i will test again that area. If there are problems they are gonna be fixed in next version (1.7) launched around 20 july. Thank you for feedback.

Onion, you are complaining there are standard SCS materials in a standard SCS map. So, the logic just shot itself. Have fun playing whatever map you like.

Great job on this mod, Congratulations.

Very Successful in the project.

off topic:

I saw that you have a mod to have a zoom from the top (Arayas_SuperZoom) to observe the whole map, I tried to use it in V 1.31.xx and it did not work,

Do you know if it is compatible with the latest ETS 2?

arayas

08 Jul 2018 22:42

The zoom file it's incorporated in my Standard edition and it's working. If you want to use it place it above any map file. Any map has a zoom file and it gets overwriten.
EDIT: i have tested that area around Arad and even further and the numbers in minicon are not even yellow (white-ok, yellow- ok, but warning, red- lag). That city or that area has no motif to create graphic problems.
Check your graphic mod, traffic mod or anything with lights mod. This are FPS killers.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information