[REL] Universal Name Packs [1.27–1.31] [UPD 2018-09-26] [FROZEN]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2017 16:17

CAPLV wrote:
07 Aug 2017 07:27
this means, that for southern region english translation from frachti is obsolete with using this mod?
I suppose that is the case, practically speaking, since they overwrite the same definitions.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 20:56

With the exception of companies and cargos from the base game, Scandinavia, Vive la France, ProMods, and ProMods TCP (which will require some special consideration), all company names and cargo descriptions from the maps (including the High Power Cargo Pack and the Heavy Cargo Pack) are now included!

In the Unromanized pack variant, company names are in their native languages and scripts. In the Romanized pack variant, company names are romanized, or in English, if there is some canonical English form of the name, or in some cases if the name or parts of it are actually just descriptive nouns.

Cargo descriptions are in English, translated from Russian wherever necessary, and are the same in both pack variants, effectively making these packs complete English translations for RusMap, Southern Region, Russian Open Spaces, Promzona, and Promzona 2.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2017 03:44

Checked for changes in 1.28 and corresponding map package updates.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 00:19

samuray wrote:
27 Jul 2017 03:32
How about a mod that simply translates all the Promods city names to English? Don't like that local language thingy.
To samuray and all others who've been wondering: There is now a third variant available employing English exonyms, i.e. Wien becomes Vienna and Москва becomes Moscow etc. :D

samuray
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2017 10:50

Davyddin wrote:
24 Aug 2017 00:19
samuray wrote:
27 Jul 2017 03:32
How about a mod that simply translates all the Promods city names to English? Don't like that local language thingy.
To samuray and all others who've been wondering: There is now a third variant available employing English exonyms, i.e. Wien becomes Vienna and Москва becomes Moscow etc. :D
Thank you!

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2017 17:00

ItalyMap 2.0 is now included in all three pack variants!

CAPLV
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 10:28

some suggestions for anglicised mod version - leave some cities in their native transcription f.e. Livorno not Leghorn, or Gomel not Homel, Ruse not Rousse, Krakow not Cracow, Basel not Basle and some others.. as in job list they sort from original name and almost cant be found or understandable..
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Davyddin
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 16:19

Thanks for your feedback CAPLV! I appreciate discussion.

First of all, I only yesterday realized to my surprise that the game doesn't use the proper names given in the definition files for sorting, but rather sorts according to the technical unit/file names, if no sort_name is given. I will of course start working to rectify this by including sort_names.

As for the English exonyms in the Anglicized pack, I use Oxford as reference. Homel, Cracow and Basle are all proper English exonyms without alternative spellings. Rousse and Ruse are both possible, but I have deemed the traditional spelling Rousse to be the more appropriate. I do concede, however, that Leghorn is an overly old-fashioned English name for Livorno. I will change it to Livorno.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 02:19

Updated for ProMods 2.20!

CAPLV
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2017 11:33

// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information