[REL] Universal Name Packs [1.27–1.31] [UPD 2018-09-26] [FROZEN]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 07:05

The packs have been updated to version 2.0 and with this update comes full support for Russian Open Spaces 4.0!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 07:08

KrysEmlyn wrote:
26 Jul 2017 06:27
Thank you for providing this collection of mods. I'm currently using the one that closely matches ProMods' style of displaying the names on the map.
The names shown in the Job Info on the Route Advisor match the signs, which makes it easier to follow the signs if I choose not to follow the GPS closely.
But at the same time, I have city names that I can actually read in Russia and Belarus. :)
You're welcome, I'm glad you've found it useful as well! And that is a good argument for using the unromanized version, actually, I hadn't even thought about that. It seems I am much too dependent on my GPS. :lol:
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Stilgar
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 18:09

Davyddin wrote:
25 Jul 2017 18:24
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
Stilgar wrote:
25 Jul 2017 18:17
And which version give the "Rostov" Name?
I'm not quite sure I follow; do you mean you would like a variant using just "Rostov" as the short name rather than the full "Rostov-na-Donu"?
Sorry for the misleading.

I mean which version gives the english names so if map has russian names its for me better readable if they are in english.

Hope that this is more understandable ...
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 18:15

Stilgar wrote:
26 Jul 2017 18:09
Sorry for the misleading.

I mean which version gives the english names so if map has russian names its for me better readable if they are in english.
No worries man! In that case you want the "Romanized Short Names" version. With that one, you will see "Rostov-na-Donu" rather than "Ростов-на-Дону". :)

Note, however, that neither version gives English so-called exonyms. That would mean translating for example "Mосква" into "Moscow" (rather than "Moskva") and "Санкт-Петербург" into "Saint Petersburg" (rather than "Sankt-Peterburg"). I'm thinking about perhaps creating such a mod as well at some point (but no promises). :D

samuray
Donation rank:

27 Jul 2017 03:32

How about a mod that simply translates all the Promods city names to English? Don't like that local language thingy.

Stilgar
Donation rank:

27 Jul 2017 18:34

thanks - that was the info i wanted :-)
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Jul 2017 22:49

Davyddin wrote:
25 Jul 2017 04:06
Possible future developments:
  • Developing a separate, alternative pack rewriting all toponyms with English exonyms (e.g. Vienna for Wien, Gothenburg for Göteborg, Munich for München, Moscow for Mосква, Rostov-on-Don for Ростов-на-Дону etc.)
Davyddin wrote:
26 Jul 2017 18:15
Note, however, that neither version gives English so-called exonyms. That would mean translating for example "Mосква" into "Moscow" (rather than "Moskva") and "Санкт-Петербург" into "Saint Petersburg" (rather than "Sankt-Peterburg"). I'm thinking about perhaps creating such a mod as well at some point (but no promises). :D
samuray wrote:
27 Jul 2017 03:32
How about a mod that simply translates all the Promods city names to English? Don't like that local language thingy.
Yes, that is precisely what I have been referring to as a possible future project. :) There does seem to be some demand for it.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2017 04:19

I've updated the packs with support for Morozov's "Promzona" connection fixes (versions 1 & 2) for Russian Open Spaces! And I've also begun working on a corresponding Roman Toponymy Pack, which will work in conjunction with these (or possibly be merged into them).

Davyddin
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2017 23:59

I've started working on including the company names and cargo descriptions in the packs. So far RusMap, Southern Region, and Project Balkans are covered.

Cargo descriptions are translated into English wherever necessary in both package variants (if not already localized). Company names are in their respective native scripts and languages in the Unromanized package variant, but romanized or translated (if there is a canonical translation) in the Romanized variant, effectively making the pack a complete translation package for these maps.

I'll continue work on companies and cargos in Russian Open Spaces and Promzona 2.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2017 07:27

this means, that for southern region english translation from frachti is obsolete with using this mod?
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information